17 - Soldier Of Love

I've been thinking. After that night that Chris held me close, everything has changed. He's nicer. And I like it.

I've never made dinner again but I'm thinking about making it. No. He doesn't want that.

I decide against it.

Today is the big day. The day where I sing soldier of love to a camera.

Blair's minions are giving me a makeover. He said I need a new look. From what I know is that my hair is flat ironed. That's it.

Soon enough I'm facing a mirror. "Ready?" one of the girls asks.

I bite my lip excitedly and nod, "Yes." I squeak out.

They remove the cloth from the mirror and a gasp escapes my lips.

I'm glad they didn't cut my hair off. They did trim it straight though, it's still hip length.

They also cut me a fringe. The fringe covers my brows and is swept to the right. There is a green streak in my hair and one in my fringe. My eyes pop out that way. Only my hair has changed and I look so different, "Thank you." I thank them.

They look at each other happily.

Blair comes in the room and gasps, "Girl, you're looking fine. It's time to get ready."

I just nod. The nerves are killing me.

I step into the dressing up room and stare at the clothes. It's a simple pair of black leather leggings, knee high black leather boots and a neon green boob tube.

I go out to the setting, and get ready.

It's show time.

Christopher

I walk in my building and go to the second top floor. I need files.

"Cand-" I stop when I see a large group of my employees that belong on this floor huddled up doing Lord knows what.

I then notice the laptop between them. "This is so hot." i hear one of them mutter.

I tap my foot on the ground slowly and look at my watch now and then. They are so engrossed in the screen that they don't notice me.

I decide to rather make myself comfortable by my Personal assistants desk.

And suddenly she comes to my mind. Anja. She's so unique. Different. And I've been such an ass.

Finally when they notice me they all scramble away from Candice's laptop.

"Y-yes sir?" she walks over to me, trembling.

"I pay you to work Candice. I need the file of the Indians." I rush out as I make my way to the elevator to go to my office.

She soon joins me. I immediately stars asking questions, "When are they coming?"

"Two days sir."

"That's on Friday. Have you sent out the invites?"

"Yes sir. Everyone confirmed."

We step out of the elevator, "Good. Make sure we have enough caterers, chefs and waiters. You obviously need to be there too. We need to impress them. The theme is hindi. The men in suits."

"Yes sir."

"That's it. You are dismissed." she leaves my office but I'm curious, "Candice?" she turns to me, "What were you and the rest of my employees watching?"

She suddenly lights up, "The latest viral video. Its got more than a million views. I'll download it for sir and then send it."

I just nod then go back to working on my laptop. After less than three minutes I get a notification. A video has been sent. That was quick.

I connect my Bluetooth earpiece to the laptop and press play.

It's a music video. Boring much? I keep watching though.

A girl stands in the center front, I notice because of her curves. There is no light at all besides the dim light that starts from behind her. Then she sings.

Her voice is soft. Beautiful. And her words, means so much.

The neon boob tube is the only thing shining in the dark. When the loud chorus comes, the background looks like something bombed and the four people that were behind here flew to the sides.

She's alone now. A guy suddenly stands next to her as she runs her fingers down his face. Then more men comes in and they lift her up but they're gone just as they came and she's now swinging in the air. Damn, she flexible. Flexible. No. It can't be.

I squint my eyes for more effect but its too dark.

She walks around and joins in on the dance moves every here and there. There are these black ghost things that fly around her, its visible because the background is now white. And then she's in this white dress. She looks like an angel, and the background dims into blackness. She suddenly falls off the building she was standing on, just as the second chorus comes in, just falling and the ghosts things that are now white are flying around here again. She falls into the pit of darkness and just lays there.

Something is lifting her. Like there is something inside that wants to come out.

When the third chorus comes in her heart pops put of her chest and explodes. The light then shines on her face. Those familiar green eyes. But she sings and the expression on her face is so painful.

As the song finishes, a stray tear falls. Why does it look like that tear was never supposed to be part of the video?

********

Please comment, share and vote