39 - So Sudden

Two days later its time for Chris and I to go on our honeymoon. We're all packed and ready and on our way to he airport. Of course we're going with Chris's private plane.

I'm actually still at home with mum, dad and Sam. Chris went to the shop for who knows what, he has everything in his house.

After half an hour, I get a bit worried because why is he not back yet? I'm about to call him when I get a phone call myself.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Can I get Mrs Quay please?" a female voice says.

I frown, "Speaking."

"It's Victoria hospital and we need you to get down here ASAP."

My eyes widen, "What? what's happening? hello?" the call ended. What if its Chris?

I stand up immediately running to the garage, "I'm going to the hospital. Mum and dad, tell the driver to drop you home, orders from me."

"Honey, what's going on?" mum asks.

"That's what I'm about to find out." i get in the sorts car and speed all the way to the hospital.

When I arrive, I leap out of the car and run to reception, "Hi. I'm Anja Quay."

The receptionist looks surprised at first but then her face morphs into realisation, "I'm sorry. Go to the third floor and a doctor will find you there."

I immediately as she says and notice that the third floor is the Intensive Care Unit. I frown and a male doctor comes up to me, "Mrs Quay?"

"That's me. What the hell is going on?"

"Please calm down ma'am and follow me." he says. I groan and follow him.

He opens a door and I enter. When I turn around I stop breathing. My phone falls out of my hands and I rush to the bedside.

My shaky hands hover over his bruised face, "Chris?" I whisper.

He doesn't move or breath. Tears prick my eyes as I turn to the doctor, "He's alive right?"

The doctor looks down, "I'm so sorry ma'am. Time of death was 14:05." that was about ten minutes ago and twenty minutes after he left the house.

A Strangled sob escapes my mouth, "NO, NO NO , NO, NO!" I cry on his shoulder, "Wake up! You have to wake up. Please." i she keeps him lightly but he doesn't move at all.

Maybe it's like the last time. I thought he was dead but then I sung...

Light it up, on the run
Let's make love tonight
Make it up, fall in love, try
But you'll never be alone
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
I'll hold you when things go wrong
I'll be with you from dusk till dawn
Baby I'm right here

"Come on chris, you gotta wake up. We still have to go on our honeymoon an have our special night. You have a business to run and-and we must still have kids, wake up dammit!" I scream and feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn to find mum, dad and Sam. I sob on mum's shoulder as she tries to calm me down,"He's gone mum. He's gone."

I turn away from mum and hug him. His body is pale and cold. He doesn't smell like bubblegum-mint and he doesn't have that stupid handsome smirk on his face.

I run my hand through his soft hair and my phone rings, "Hello?" I answer.

"Anja, what's wrong?"

"He's gone, Angy. He's gone." i sob into the phone.

"Gone? whose gone?"

"My husband! He's dead, Angy, he's gone."

I hear her gasp and Rob on the other side, "Angy, I gotta go. Say hi to Rob for me." i cut the call and sob once more.

How could he just go?

Later that afternoon, I'm boarding Chris's plane. He is being buried in california where he was born. Mum, dad and Sam are staying in England.

I get off the plane after a long while and look for the sign that says Quay. The airport is empty especially for us. I see the driver and he leads me to the car, "I'm sorry for your loss ma'am. He was a great boss, son, husband too."

"Yes he was." i say and get in the car. Another carries Chris's body. He'll get buried tomorrow.

When I get home, I rush to our closet and sit by his section, inhaling his familiar scent. I cry so hard.

The following day, I wear a black dress and leave my black hair loose. I had Candice prepare everything.

I race to the church where we got married, less than a week ago to. There are cars lined up everywhere. I dry my face but the tears won't stop falling.

There are journalists everywhere and right now I don't really care about them. I just want my husband back.

**********