40 - Holy Shit

1 year later

It has been a horrible year since Chris died and I hate every moment of it. I accepted that he's gone but I didn't move on. There's a difference.

After the funeral last year a man dressed in a suit came up to me, "Mrs Quay?"

I turned around with a tear stricken face, "If you're going to give me your condolences, thank you but I received it from enough people."

"Actually I'm Mr Quay's lawyer."

I was surprised because what would he want from me? "What is it that you need?"

"I have Mr Quay's will. It states that you own everything that was once his. You are the CEO of Quay and Co. All you need to do is sign." i grabbed the papers from him, skimming over the words.

"When did he write this out?" I asked the lawyer.

"Specifically, the night that he proposed to you. Before you left to the ball." my eyes widened at that. He drew this up before we got married. Before we were officially engaged.

I shook my head, "I can't do this. I can't own everything that was his." I said.

"Think about it Mrs Quay. He'd want you to take it."

The lawyer left me thinking with those pages. I signed it after three days of thinking and took over everything that was his. Trust me when I say that he worked hard.

Today I'm the first female to be the youngest billionaire in CALIFORNIA. People fear me. Since half the time I'm in a shit mood. Blair and Angela and Candies are still my friends and Angela still works as my PA.

i live in his house and drive his cars. I'm still not over him being gone.

Today is the day that he passed and it's officially a year. It was our anniversary 5 days ago and you did not want to be in my way.

It's four in the afternoon and I let my staff home early. I get in the car and start driving. I speed up at the build of my emotions. Then silent tears roll down my face. I let my long hair loose from its long ponytail.

I'm driving really fast on a deserted road and I realise that I'm on the familiar road that I was on when he took me to the beach. Then my phone rings. I answer, "What?"

"Ma'am it's Mr Thompson. He demands to see you." the secretary says.

I roll my eyes and put the phone on speaker, "Put him on the phone, and go home Grace. After Mr Thompson leaves the building."

"Yes ma'am."

"Good evening Ms Quay."

"Stop fucking around Victor. What do you want?" I say in my stone cold voice. I've been using that a lot lately.

"I want to buy 51 percent of your shares, that's what." he says calmly.

He has been trying to get that shares since forever and I really don't like him, "Yeah, you also want a punch in the face. You're not getting it."

"Why? I just don't think you're ready to run this business. Give it up."

"Listen, Thompson and listen closely because I'm only saying this once. I have made billions of dollars in the first four months of working there and this year I made more money than your business has made in three years. I'm perfectly capable of running this business. If you don't stop asking me for my shares, your dick will be shoved in your mouth. "i warn him.

"Are you threatening to me, Ms Quay?"

"Oh no honey, that was a warning, now get the fuck out of my building!" I shout and cut the call.

I groan out loud and speed faster, "aren't you scary? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you're stressed out." a voice from the backseat says.

"No shit sherlock." i reply but then my eyes widen. My eyes flicker to the mirror and I immediately press the breaks of the car. The car let's out a shrieking cry and I turn around immediately, "HOLY SHIT!!" is what comes out of my mouth first.

"Oh yeah, baby, I'm back from the dead." he smirks and my heart leaps out of my chest. The familiar tornado occurring.

Christopher Quay.

*******

Dun dun dun. And he's back. Guys please read the next chapter.