2 - Perfect Family

Anja Morgan ^^^

***

I slept over at Shawn's last night since his parents were out of town. After our 'talk' we had a pillow fight and somehow we ended up falling asleep on the very uncomfortable floor and now my neck hurts.

I just entered my home and mum and dad is situated on the couch making out. Wait.... What!?

Ewwww, I mean I have a boyfriend and all and we do such stuff but damn! They're my parents for goodness sake!

"Ewwww! Mum. Dad." i whine both of their names out.

They pull away slowly not even minding me, still looking at each other in their 'love daze', laughing lightly.

I groan in disgust, "You guys are just gross. I'm going to go take a shower."

I walk to the hallway and into the first room to the right in the small hallway we have. My room.

The room is small but not tiny. A medium sized bed is situated in a corner against a wall. It's different shades of purple, pink and blue flowers on the cover make my room seem fresh. There is also some DIY paper flowers in flower pots on my wall between every third photo I have of my parents and I. Or Shawn and Samantha and I.

My floor is brown and wooden which seems to contrast very differently to the pretty shade of light yellow that's painted on the walls.

About ten meters from my door to the left is a small dressing table, with different coloured fairy light around my mirror, perfumes, deodorants, jewelry, hair accessories, and make up are neatly packed in each categorical boxes I made myself.

Next to that is an L shaped closet-not walk in- that goes right up to the ceiling. There's a small bedside table next to my bed that has a lamp sitting on it. I think my bedroom looks perfect.

After I take out my underwear and a fresh towel, I exit my bedroom and walk to the door opposite my bedroom door, the bathroom.

After I wash myself and my hip length, thin black hair, I'm out of the bathroom.

I took after my mum with the hair. She has the same colour hair as mine. She just keeps on cutting it till her shoulders.

My eyes I got from my dad. Emerald green. Everything on me is natural, from my curves to my long hair, to my freaking toenails. I really don't see myself as perfect because I am anything but. I have my flaws.

After I'm dressed in my tank top and some three quarter leggings, I'm joined by my parents at the rectangular dining table made for four but set for three. I am the only child so in lonely at times, but I've got Sam and Shawn to make up for that.

"Shall we?" my mother motions to the most delicious lamb curry ever.

My stomach makes a very unlady like sound, "Yes please."

They laugh me out as I dish for myself but with every food mother makes she'll make some salad too. She loves vegetables.

"So, honey, how's the boyfriend?" mum suddenly asks as we start eating.

"He's good. And we're happy." i exclaim.

"Well that's good. Or else he'd have to deal with me." i hear dad mutter. Mum slaps his hand lightly.

I just giggle. "Did you get any replies from the companies you sent your CV's to?"mum pipes up.

My mood dims,"No, not yet. But it has only been two days. Just give it some time. Patience is key."

I force a smile.

Mum and puts their hands on mine that is now resting on the table, "You will get a job. I know it."

"Thanks dad. Thanks mom. You guys are the best and I couldn't have asked for a better family."

******

Please comment, share and vote😉