34 - 21 Questions

Start from the beginning

"I don't want a happily ever after with you. Anja is right. Just let us go and everything will be okay." Chris tries.

"I'll be unhappy and that is not okay. I want you and that is why I'm going to wipe her out because as long as she lives, you'll continue loving her and not me!" Tiffany shouts and slaps him right across his face. I gasp and tears sting my eyes.

"Now look what you made me do. I'm sorry baby." she puts her hand on his cheek and I am so furious. Nobody touches my man. I accepted that he is mine in my eyes.

Chris pulls away as far as he can and I'm so glad for that. Then she walks over to me. "I'll be back to finish you off. You'll meet your Austin soon enough." she walks behind me and I shut my eyes tight but sigh in relief when she just takes my ring off. "I'm so burning this."

Then she leaves.

"Oh my god Chris. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. We need to get out of here."

I look down at my lap. I'm going to die. We can't get out of here. There's just no way and I want to know Chris before I leave. "Chris?"

"Yes Anja?"

Tears prick my eyes, "Tell me about you." I whisper.

"No. Don't speak like that. You're not going to die. I won't allow it. Have a little faith. Come on." he rushes out and I look at him with a tear stained face.

"Please." i plead.

"Promise me you'll stay strong." is it just me or are there tears in his eyes too?

"I promise if you tell me about you." I smile.

"OK fine... Uhm... I had parents but they died in a bombing in Afghanistan. They loved me a lot but I was always on the player ways. Dad raised me to take over his company one day but it was boring in my eyes. In high school I was this player. The most popular guy in school. Captain of the basket ball and base ball team. Football star quarterback. I never did commitment in relationships at least. After dad and mum died, when I turned eighteen, I inherited everything. I worked extra hard because its all my parents wanted for me. To be successful. And I guess here I am. I never liked anyone staying in my house. Don't know why. I just felt that it was sacred you know? Not sacred, more like special. "

" That is beautiful. "i say smiling." I'm sorry about your parents though. They were probably great people. "

" Yeah, they were. Mum worked in a hospital and dad owned the company. I didn't have any siblings so I was kind of lonely. Now you tell me what your favourite colour is." he changes the subject and I allow it.

"21 Questions? OK. My favourite colour is black." i say.

"Black is not colour." he corrects.

"You're right. It's the absence of colour. I love black bit that doesn't mean I'm emo." i add the last part. "What's your favourite colour?"

"I haven't really though about that. I don't have one I guess. Next question is what did you think when you first saw me."

I laugh at that, "Seriously? God. I totally embarrassed myself but the first thought that came to mind was damn. He's hot. And then I totally hated you."

"Did you seriously eat all that cake?"

I nod at that, "Every crumb. Mum told me that I can't have the cake and next thing I know she's giving it to you."

"Ain't that a bummer?" he says dry and sarcastically.

"Hey! I love cake." i defend myself, "My turn," I look down trying to think of a question. Then I get it. "What is your biggest fear?"

He ponders over it for a second then he answers, "Oblivion."

"I won't forget you." I say softly and he looks up at me.

"My turn," he says, "Will you marry me?" my eyes bulge out of its sockets when he asks this, "Not because of some stupid contract or deal but out of love. When Tiffany says she's going to kill you, you have no idea how scared I was or what I was imagining. That's why I didn't say anything. That night when you weren't home, I shouted at you because I was afraid another someone who actually had a heart would leave me. I don't want to lose you ever but I can't just have half of you. I know this is a very awkward and shit circumstance to propose but I want to at least know that I've tried. I was going to ask you the night we got kidnapped but I'm asking you now. I love you Anja, so so much. Will you marry me?" he finishes his little speech and I cant even wipe the tears away.

" You love me? "I croak out.

"Every piece of my heart loves every inch of you." he tells me.

Before I can answer the door opens and Tiffany steps in. I stop the tears from flowing and look at Tiffany then back at Chris, "Then that's enough reassurance to me that we'll get out of here."

I stand up from my chair, my foot colliding with Tiffany's stomach. She let's out a groan and falls to the ground.

Ever since I've woken up, I've been trying to lose these endless knots around my hands. And now she's going to pay.

******