epilogue

eight years later

Calum walked in with a box full of my literature books, setting them down in my soon-to-be study room, the last box he had to carry up to the seventh floor. Eight years had gone by and I was a substitute English teacher, so I didn't work 7 days a week. Calum found his passion in music and had just graduated from a prestigious music school and was now working as a music teacher.

We'd just moved into our new apartment, one that was larger than our last.

I sat down on the floor in the living room that contained nothing more than a one-person sofa and a coffee table. On my lap was our little boy, Robin. Calum called him Rob, which could also be short for his godfather's middle name.

We moved apartment because he was almost one, and we decided we needed to start fresh and wanted him to grow up in someplace he could run around without bumping to the dining table.

"I've finished setting up his crib."

Calum said as he walked out of Robin's new room.

"I should put him down for his nap," I stood up and picked Robin up with me.

"It's my turn." Calum smiled.

I thanked him and watched as he took Robin to his room. I walked over to the large window in the living room and looked the gorgeous view of the city we had. I admired it for a few minutes before I felt Calum wrap his arms around me.

"Luke said he'll come over with Ruby so they can help unpack while you and I go find furniture." He said.

"That's really great." I smiled at him.

"This view we have is almost as beautiful as you." He smirked.

I looked up at him and laughed.

"Who would've thought all of this would happen." I sighed.

He planted a kiss on my cheek before whispering in my ear.

"Aren't you glad we stopped pretending?"

-

and well that was it

unsure how to feel about the ending but i rlly hope you enjoyed it and the story in general !!!!

thank you to anyone that's voted you make my day a little brighter :)

i hope you liked the story as much as i liked writing it !!

hope you have an amazing day ! x

-