airport

I woke up early the next morning, rubbing my eyes as I checked the time. I realised I hadn't woken up early enough. I ran to the bathroom, knowing I had missed Ashton and co. who were probably on their way to the airport. I sent Ash a quick text in need of information.

ASHTON URGENT WHAT TERMINAL IS HE LEAVING FROM

I rumaged through my clothes and grabbed a white t-shirt and black jeans. I paused when I found Calum's grey hoodie. I'd forgotten I still had it after he lent it to me so I threw it on, deciding I would give it back if I met him before he left.

I checked the time. 8.54. I grabbed my go-to sling bag and my phone and ran down the stairs. I quickly told my mum I was going to see Calum and ran out the door.

I took the train to the central station then took the express train to the airport which took about 20 minutes. It was 9.04. I could still make it somehow.

By then I was out of breath from all the running around so I took a seat by a window. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket when Ashton texted back.

TERMINAL 5 HURRY

All I could do was sit and hope that I'd make it.

When the train got to the airport I made sure I got off at terminal five. I took an elevator that took me to arrivals then I got out and took the escalator that went up to departures.

I frantically looked around for Calum or Ashton or Luke or Mikey. I sent Ashton another text.

WHERE ARE YOU I'M AT THE AIRPORT

I paced the departure hall, hoping I would see someone. I waited for Ashton to reply and it felt like years until he finally did.

DEPARTURE HALL

I kept looking around, hoping to see one of them. I was ready to give up when someone grabbed me by the waist and made me jump, ready to defend myself. But I turned around to find the only smile I was looking for.

"Hi, I'm Calum," he grinned holding his hand out the same way he did when he came back.

I shook it. "I'm Violet," I smiled at him and sighed with relief.

"Violet, I think you're going to be the greatest person I'll ever met." he smiled and pulled me into a hug. He had the same scent he had two months ago, like faded axe cologne.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a plane?" I asked when he pulled away.

"Why would I need to be on a plane when with you is where I should be?" He smiled.

"Wait, what?" I stepped away from him.

"I wanted to prove that you still care about me, so I did some solo pretending." he smirked.

"What, so you just said that you were moving and gave me that note just so you could see if I would come say goodbye?"

"Yep."

"You're kidding me right?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"Afraid not, babe."

"Well did you get your answer you idiot?" I slapped his shoulder.

"Let's see, we're at the airport at 9.44 am for no point at all, you're an hour from home and you're wearing my hoodie, I'm not sure."

"I only wore it so I could give it back."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I still care about you dummy," I tried act mad at him but failed miserably when he pressed his lips against mine.

"Sorry for making you come here."

"It's okay, you're worth every extra hour of sleep I could've gotten." He took my hands and squeezed them.

"Please don't leave." I whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere." He kissed my forehead.

"We are so cheesy." I laughed as I looked into his wondrous brown eyes.

"But you know you love me." He smirked.

And I did.

-