messages

I spent the rest of the night laying in my bed, thinking. I properly fell asleep at around 3am, which resulted in my body being able to properly function at 10.42 am. I hadn't touched my phone the entire night, and I checked it to find fourteen missed calls and eight new messages. All from Calum.

Violet I'm so sorry please pick up

VioooleeEEET

I'm sorry about the date please pick up

I'm getting worried now

Ok i just called your mum and everything's ok so please pick up i know you're awake

Luke just told me that he knows that Amelia sent you something and now I have a headache and i need to talk to you Violet please I'm serious

I've said please three times

:(

I didn't bother replying, so I put my phone back on the bedside table and went to freshen up before going downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Morning, sweetie," my mum said as I sat at the kitchen counter.

"Morning,"

I poured myself a bowl of cereal and began filling my growling stomach.

"Calum called last night, is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"You sure don't sound okay, how was your date?"

"It didn't happen." I dropped my spoon in my bowl.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetie," she came over and hugged me.

"It's fine, I'm over it." I lied.

"Why don't we go to town today, get your mind off things?" She smiled.

"Aren't you busy today?"

"Yes I am," she said slowly. "but I can push those things aside for my daughter."

"That's okay mum, I'll do something else." I gave her a tired smile.

"Okay, but we'll go out for dinner tonight, sound good?"

"Sounds great."

She smiled at me before picking up the ringing telephone. I continued to eat my now soggy cereal until mum handed me the phone, saying it was for me.

"Hello?" I said as I put my bowl in the sink.

"Hey Vi, it's Ruby,"

"Oh, hey," I was a bit surprised.

"So Amelia told me what happened and I think they set it up,"

"What makes you think that?" I walked into the living room and sat down.

"I wasn't part of it or anything," she said quickly. "But I think they're trying to get you away from Calum so you'll distance yourself from Luke or something."

"Well that's stupid," I sunk into my seat.

"How so?"

"It's not like Luke's my property and it's not my fault that they don't talk to him and I don't see why they feel the need to take Calum away from me."

"Yeah, I dunno what's going on in their heads." She said before there was an awkward silence.

"Well thanks for the uh," I pushed my hair back. "information, I'll see you on Monday.

She said bye and I hung up, taking the telephone back to the kitchen before going upstairs. I checked my phone to find two messages from Luke.

michael's at 12 ? we should talk

p.s. calum isn't here !!!

-