envelope

I wasn't sure how to feel about Calum leaving again. I knew it maybe made it easier for me to get over him but it still sucked. I knew I would miss him and it was hard because I wish I could push him away and completely forget about him but at the same time I didn't want him to go anywhere and stay here.

A week had gone by since he made the annoucement in class, and he was leaving the next day. A week had gone by with us not talking. And everyday it got a little harder.

I stayed in my room all afternoon and evening, trying fo get my mind off things but nothing worked. At 10.42 pm someone was at my door.

"Knock knock," Ashton peered into my room.

"Hey, come in."

"How you holding up?" He said as he sat on the floor beside me.

"Okay I guess." I sighed.

"So me and the other boys are gonna meet Calum at the airport and say bye and stuff, we thought you should come."

"I dunno, Ash,"

"He'd really appreciate it. Calum, I mean. He really misses you."

"I'll think about it." I said.

"In case you change your mind, we'll be here at 8.30, his plane leaves at 9.45." I nodded and he reached into his back pocket.

"Here," he handed me a small envelope with my name written on it. "It's for you."

"From?" I asked.

"You'll see." he smiled and his dimples pierced his cheeks. "I better get going." He hugged me goodbye and walked out. As soon as the door closed behind him, I opened the envelope to find a note. It was written in messy yet familiar hand writing.

hey vi, i know we're not talking and i know you probably hate me but i needed to let you know that being without you again will really suck. even though our time was short it was enough for me to fall for you and your wonderful self. i'll miss you a lot and i'll hope every night that you miss me too. i know luke and mikey and ash will take good care of you because you're very fragile, and they'll punch any guy that's a douche to you. and if you cant be mine, i hope you find the right person that will fall for your laugh and those gorgeous blue eyes and listen to you sing your favourite songs on the phone at 2 in the morning. and i hope he takes care of you. i love you a lot, violet. to the moon and back.

love, calum x

-