lunch

Calum was coming back.

I kept repeating it in my head to make it sink in.

It had been a little more than ten months since one of my best friends, Calum, moved without telling anyone. He left a few of us in shock, but the rest could have cared less. He was the only person I properly trusted, and to have him move away took a lot of getting used to.

I used to be part of this little clique that consisted of people that made me happy. Ashton was one of them, my 'best friend' Ruby was the other girl of the group, and of course, Calum. We all hung out together because we got along really well. I was actually happy at school, believe it or not. Everything was fine until we got back to school one Monday and we were told Calum had moved.

After he left, we didn't hang out as often. I still hung out with Ruby though, since we were like best friends. But eventually she completely lost interest in me, claiming 'school was boring now'. She didn't say why, but it was obvious it was because Calum wasn't here. She then decided to become best friends with Laura, and to be honest, it was like they were meant for each other so I didn't really care. And well, they despise me now.

-

"Violet!"

I was getting my lunch when I heard a voice call my name. It was the boy who sat next to me in history, Luke. He was sat with Ashton and their friend Michael. He told me to join them, which was a bit weird, but I did it anyway.

"So, are you excited Calum's coming back?" Luke smirked.

"What makes you think I'd be excited?" I asked.

"C'mon Vi, we all know you had a thing for him,"

"I didn't!" I exclaimed.

But I did. Like almost all best friends do, I fell for him, hard. He would sometimes act as if we were together, he'd hold my hand or play with my hair or call me pet names. This carried on for a while but it was nothing serious, and it kind of sucked.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Violet," Michael nudged me.

"I think he told us he had a thing for you too," Luke smirked before taking a sip of his water.

I scanned the lunch room to find the girls from my class. I usually sat with them anyways pretending to enjoy myself. I saw them sitting on the other side of the room, looking at us. I saw Ruby say something Laura, which made them laugh then quickly look away when they saw me.

"Don't mind them," Ashton said. "They're probably just jealous you're sitting with Luke."

Half the girls in my class were crazy about Luke, especially Ruby. She had a massive crush she never did anything about.

Luke laughed as he stood up to leave, Ashton and Michael following. I didn't know if they wanted me to go with them so I stayed seated until I heard Michael.

"You coming?"

-

Hii, if you're reading this then I'd like to say thank you for having the effort to read it !! I'm kind of new at this so forgive me if it's bad :-( but if you're enjoying it then that's good :D and if you did enjoy it, votes would be appreciated and probably keep me motivated to continue writing :) thank you !! xx