intertwined

I had 43 minutes of lunch break until class started and Calum wanted to do the much needed catching up.

We went up to the top floor of the school since we knew it would be empty and sat on a bench.

"So, what the hell happened between you and Ruby?" he asked as he sat down.

"You've been gone for ten months and that's the first thing you ask?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes because the last time I saw you, we were all having a great day in town, and now she looks at you like you've never been friends,"

I laughed a little and looked away from him.

"When you moved, she decided I was a complete bore, and we stopped talking,"

"What?"

"And then she went off to become friends with Laura, which I'm fine with since their egos fit together perfectly,"

"Wait, wait, so you're saying she ditched you because of me?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm saying that she probably only wanted to be friends with me to get close to you,"

"I don't believe that," he scoffed.

"Believe what you will," I laughed.

He stayed quiet for while, looking like he was thinking about something.

"I've got an idea," he smirked. "We should date,"

My stomach flipped when I heard him say 'date'.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"I think we should date," he was still smirking.

"Where is this coming from, Calum?"

"My mouth," he laughed.

"Not what I meant, you idiot," I pushed his shoulder slightly. "I mean, why do you think we should date?"

"I want to prove whether Ruby really did ditch you because of me," he explained. "If she sees us together, we'll see whether she comes crawling back or not,"

"I'm not so sure about this,"

"It doesn't have to be for real, we can just pretend."

I felt relieved yet a bit disappointed.

"C'mon, Vi, it'll be fun," he nudged me.

I thought about it for a good minute and a half.

"Okay." I said finally, and his face lit up.

"Thank you," he said as he intertwined his fingers with mine and stood up.

"Now, let's go so I can show you off to everyone."

-