video games

"Can't believe you won again,"
Michael tossed his controller after losing in a video game with Calum.

They sat in front of Michael's tv while I sat on the sofa. Ashton was sitting on a broken massage chair scrolling his problems away on his phone while Luke sat on the floor tuning Michael's guitar.

"Hey Vi," Luke put the guitar down and turned to face me. "Does Ruby like me or something?"

"What makes you think that?" I laughed.

"She asked me to hang out with her on Friday,"

"Wow," Michael said while getting up. "First Calum, now Luke. Ashton you better stay single with me," Ashton gave him a thumbs up without looking up from his phone.

Calum moved to the sofa to sit next to me. "We're not da-"

"Dating, I know, it's just pretend," Michael interrupted him.

"So does she?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, I think so," I said. "You're actually going out with her?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well she asked, and I felt bad if I said no. We're seeing a movie, nothing special, she didn't call it a date." he shrugged.

Luke picked up the guitar again and I listened to him play a few songs before Michael wanted to play video games again, begging Ashton and Luke to join.

Calum was on my phone on one side of the sofa while I watched the other three get sucked into the game on the other.

"Does Laura always not invite you to things, and then send you photos?" Calum suddenly asked.

"Yeah," I turned to face him.

"Okay," he went over to my side, pecked my cheek, and took a photo. He captioned it a simple ':)' and hit send.

"I think she'll stop now," he smiled and handed me my phone.

"Anyways," he said as he got up from the sofa. "I need to do homework that's due tomorrow so I'll see you all later,"

Luke, Ashton, and Michael all chorused a lousy "bye" without taking their attention off the game.

"Bye Violet," he kissed my cheek again.

"But none of the girls are around, you didn't need to do that," I said, his face still inches away from mine

"I know." He winked and I watched him walk out the door.

I turned around to see the Luke, Ashton and Michael smirking.

"What?"

-