1 6 || 𝙇 𝙊 𝙑 𝙀 [3/3]

ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝟛 𝕆𝔽 𝕆ℕ𝔼 𝕎𝕆𝕄𝔸ℕ'𝕊 𝕊𝔼𝔸ℝℂℍ 𝔽𝕆ℝ 𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐𝕋ℍ𝕀ℕ𝔾

𝔻𝔸𝕐 𝟚𝟙 𝕋𝕆 𝟛𝟘 - 𝔸𝔾ℝ𝔸

𝚃𝚊𝚓  𝙼𝚊𝚑𝚊𝚕 - 𝟷𝟶:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖

I walked on the warm bricks around the rivers of the Taj Mahal. I didn't really have a plan for the last part of my journey, but walking around the most romantic place in India would have to do. I watched the birds fly around, the water ripple gently and people gasp in awe.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen! Behold, I give you, the Taj Mahal!"

I turned to see an enthusiastic tour guide showing some tourists and locals around.

"Kamala! Don't you want to have your wedding here? OOOO, Look here!"

My eyes widened. There was only one man who's flailing arms matched his flailing voice.

"Kareem?"

"SERAPHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I laughed, hugging him, "Oh it's so nice to see you! What are you doing here?"

"My sister is getting married! And she's having her wedding here! In the most romantic city in India!" Kareem flailed around happily.

A young woman with short hair approached me, "Hi, I'm Kamala, Kareem's sister. You're the Seraphina that made all that food for the people? Wow, it's so nice to meet you!"

"Yup, that's me," I beamed.

Another woman stepped forward, "Hi, I'm Sahshi, Kareem's wife. I must say, your food is amazing!"

"Thank you! Oh gosh, it's so nice to meet you all!"

Kareem came running towards me, another man in tow, "This is Aamir, my brother-in-law to be!"

"Hi, I'm Seraphina, nice to meet you."

His eyes widened, "You're the nice food lady? Do you do catering?"

I laughed, "No, but hey, I have nothing to do, so I'd love to cook for your wedding."

Everyone yelled "YES!" at me and started celebrating. Kareem introduced me to his parents and Aamir's parents.

We spent the next two weeks together, traveling around Agra, sightseeing.

In the last week, I went shopping with the ladies to buy a saree for the wedding.

"Seraphina, Seraphina, Seraphina," Sahshi chanted, "Such a strange, yet beautiful name!"

"Thank you, my parents came up with it."

"Oooo are they also from Hawaii?"

"No, they are actually originally from here, Agra."

"Wow, how did they meet?"

I smiled to myself, remembering the story, "Well, back then, my mother was an undercover FBI agent. She had just finished up a mission here in Agra at the time. She was getting off a bus at the airport when she saw my father for the first time. He had just arrived in Agra for an army conference. At that time, he was a general in the US army. Their eyes met from across the road, and they smiled at each other. My mother decided to stay in Agra, for she had left so many times before and then she had a new reason to stay. She met my father 2 days later and they had tea at a little shop. They instantly clicked and were friends for about a year, until one day my father dragged my mother out of her bed for New Years Eve. They went around the city, eating food and talking all night. Just before the clock struck midnight, my father got down on one knee and confessed his love for my mother. They were in front of the Taj Mahal, and the sky was lit up with fireworks saying 'Will you marry me?'. Of course she said yes, but she always talks about one specific line my father told her when he proposed. He said that he couldn't build her a Taj Mahal like the King of Agra built for his wife, but he'd bulid her a home and treat her like his Queen."