3 || 𝙁 𝙇 𝘼 𝙎 𝙃 𝘽 𝘼 𝘾 𝙆 𝙎

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍  𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍 - 𝟷𝟺:𝟶𝟶𝚙𝚖

"What do we have, Lou?"

We were at the Diamond Head trail. 2 bodies were on the ground, and ME's were scuttling all over the place.

Deep breaths Swagger, deep breaths.

I've seen my fair share of dead bodies before, but after seeing Lou pull out a little red velvet box, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the couple. Damn, all that money for the ring, down the drain.

Lou turned to us, "Two dead. Todd Sands and Tracy Powell. Both schoolteachers on the mainland. I found this on the male Vic. Apparently, he was looking for a romantic spot to pop the question."

Steve made a face, "Any witnesses?"

"Just the birds."

I looked over at the weapons in a little sealed zip bag.

"Huh, those are military issue, 7.62 rounds," I mused. Steve turned to me, a surprised look on his face.

"Don't looked so shocked, Commander, this pretty face ain't empty inside."

"Mahalo, Miss. You saved me a trip to ballistics," one of the ME's addressed me, "I don't believe we've met. I'm Doctor Max Bergman, Chief Medical Examiner, but since you're with 5-0, call me Max," he smiled at me.

"Sergeant Fin Swagger, the pleasure's mine Max."

Danny walked over to us, "What do we have on the victims?"

"They appear to be shot in close proximity."

"How close?"

Max turned to a pretty lady with a bun, "Doctor Shaw, care to opine?"

"Well, based on several identifiers, including multiple through-and-throughs, I'd estimate ten to 15 feet, with a trajectory of approximately 45 degrees."

Steve smiled at the woman, "All right, who's your new friend, Max?"

"This is Dr. Shaw. She's a recent graduate of Boston Medical School. I will be mentoring her in the medical arts."

Boston.

MIT.

I should have stayed with Reece.

**FLASHBACK**

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜  𝚁𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛,  𝙱𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 - 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟼

A young woman with long black hair and a young man with light blonde hair walked along the pathways by Charles River. She was smiling to herself.

"Why so smiley, Fifi? I hope you didn't meet someone yet, after all, Joey Tribbiani awaits you in  an alternate dimension," the young man smirked at the young woman.

"Oh shut up Reecey, I just can't wait for graduations tomorrow. Can you imagine? We'll be starting our real lives tomorrow!"

"Fifi, you are way to optimistic right now, I mean, after this, I'll have to buy my own food! My parents won't buy it for me anymore!"

The young woman scoffed, "Reecey, I buy your food."

"Ahh you know me so well."

"Welp, that's what happens when you know someone for 18 years."

"Let's go to Circle Q and get some food."

"You and food, my God. Nah, I need to go to my dorm and do a few things."

"You mean cleaning? Come on Fifi? Please?"

"Sorry bro, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ugh, I hate you, see ya."

"LIES! You told Aidan Jose that I'm your backup!"

"Whoops gotta run BYEEEE!"

I watched as Reece hopped away, laughing. That kid's mad. I turned around to go back to my dorm, but I ended up walked into something solid.

"Sorry."

The solid thing was a man , who flashed a badge.

"And you are?"

"That's not important."

"Listen up white boy, don't come here flashing your plastic badge at me, I have better things to do. What do you want?"

"I know what you want Seraphina Swagger, and I'm here to give it to you."

"Fin?"

"Fin?"

Steve poked me on the shoulder.

"Huh?"

"You know anything about drones?"

"Yeah, I do.  I heard about this clandestine advanced program, a branch of the local military called-"

The drone that was hovering above us spoke up,"VenPax?"

"Holy cra- Jerry?"

"Howdy Sergeant!"

"So," Chin spoke, "These VenPax people."

Steve narrowed his eyes, "It could be the manufacturer."

Danny smiled at me, "Care for another wild ride, courtesy of our neighbourhood Neanderthal?"

I laughed, "Clearly you haven't been in my dad's car."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

Yo guys, just want to let y'all know that I'm not going perfectly according to script, but the storyline and procedural crimes will stay the same. The first big Stefin (ship names anyone?) moment coming up in the next chapter!! Vote, comment and enjoy!

Stay smooth, y'all - Aunty Linika