1 3 || 𝘾 𝙃 𝙊 𝙄 𝘾 𝙀 𝙎

𝙰𝚐𝚛𝚊,  𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚊 - 𝟷  𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔  𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

I traipsed through the streets of Agra, cautiously making my way down the street. People were bustling all over the place, crowds swarming through the market place. I shifted my eyes from person to person, scanning their faces. My tugged lightly on my scarf wrapped around the lower part of my face.

I bare feet hit the warm bricks of a pathway. I walked along it, waiting patiently for the moment to occur. I came around a wall and that was when I saw it. 

The Taj Mahal.

It was truly breath taking. A work of fine art. I stood at the foot of the constructed river that led up to the Taj Mahal. I took in it's beauty, feeling very much a home.

I sighed to myself, "Man, this place is amazing."

"I'm glad you like it here, Sergeant."

I reeled back ever so slightly, trying not to blow my cover. I turned, looking at the man standing next to me. He had slicked back blonde hair that was coming a little loose in the heat. His deep set eyes looked into mine. He smiled ever so slightly, it took a good eye to notice.

'Klein?"

"Hello Seraphina, I've been expecting you. Although it seems you haven't been expecting me," he referred to my shocked reaction.

'No, I knew someone would come. I didn't think it was you, it's just, your words..." I trailed off, remembering my first day in Hawaii.

The first day I met him.

His first words.

I cleared my throat, looking at him, "As much as I'd love to have a reunion and a catch-up session, you have a job to do, Agent."

He smiled at me, taking my arm, "Follow me."

We walked inside the Taj and down one of the many passages. We stopped at a dead end passage. A small, marble statue stood there. Klein put his hand on it's head for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Eh, ok, I thought you were showing me the new secret underground HQ?"

He merely smirked at me. That's when the wall opened up and an elevator appeared.

I looked at him sceptically, before stepping in. A robotic voice spoke, "Why a raven is like a writing desk?"

"Because it can produce a few notes, though they are very flat, they come with inky quills; and it is never put with the wrong end in front," Klein answered smoothly.

I gaped at him.

"The most famous unanswered riddle of all time? Really?"

After a few seconds, the doors opened up, revealing a marvelling sight.

People in slick black uniforms walked around an enormous underground area. There was a sort of information desk in the middle, in the shape of a circle. In the middle of that, a beautiful statue stood tall, projecting world crises and intelligence updates on air-borne screens. There were glass offices that lined the walls and several passages leading to more.

"Ok, holy shitake mushrooms."

Klein chuckled, leading me down a passage. I eyed his traditional wear, "Not bad for a white boy."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

"What is your name?"

"Seraphina Swagger."