4 || 𝙎 𝙐 𝙉 𝙎 𝙀 𝙏 𝙎

"Look, you have to understand that this project is a matter of national security, so I can't just answer your questions without compromising what we're doing here."

We had arrived at VenPax HQ, and so far, interrogation wasn't going anywhere.

"Sergeant."

Steve turned to me, "Care to to enlighten our good friend Venit over here?"

"T'would be my pleasure, Commander."

Finally, some action. Sort of.

I twirled the cuffs around my fingers, "Hands, white boy."

Danny smirked at that.

"You're under arrest for obstruction of justice, withholding information, and impeding a murder investigation."

"Hah, that's never gonna stick."

Steve smirked at the man, "Oh, I know, but how many more government contracts do you think you're gonna get after a background check shows an arrest on your record?

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

The VenPax guy gave us all the details as to how to hijack a drone, and honestly, it takes one sick son of a bitch to do something like that. And the video we were watching proved it.

"5 dead, 19 wounded. Same drone that attacked this morning. Witnesses say it just flew in and opened fire. One of my guys tried to shoot it down."

I sighed, "Kono, any connection between our vics?"

"No, sister, looks like the targets are random."

"Alright," I spoke up, "We need to look at this some other way."

"Terrorism?"

"No, I mean, no one has claimed responsibility."

"Wait, this thing has an unprotected frequency band?" I asked.

"English," Danny complained.

"It means all the equipment needed to hijack a drone is at your local hardware store."

Suddenly, someone came running in.

"Someone just called! Saying they are responsible for the drone attacks. And he knows we haven't released any details to the public."

"Sounds legit."

Chin patched us through to him. The voice was scrambled. He attacked Steve about the Middle East drone attacks, saying he wants justice and that more blood will be shed. Soon, all of Oahu was been evacuated, people were urged to stay indoors. Kono had managed to unscramble the voice, whilst Danny went to get his daughter Grace. To make things even worse, it turns out that a bunch of Russians paid the guy, Jonathan Redmond, to launch the attacks. So much for justice. And another guy, Lawrence Turner, was selling covert CIA info to Redmond. The CIA had been looking for Turner ever since then.

Ok, let's see:

Mysterious voice - check

Twisted justice for America theory - check

Russians - check                            

Traitor to our country - check              

Why are there always Russians?

Last time I checked, villains were creative.

I was walking to Jerry's office when I heard a whirring noise.