Chapter 17

I woke up to Bart screaming.

"Nonononononono!" I shot up and saw Jason pulling bart by the foot towards the exit. I jumped up and grabbed him hand.

"Give, me, him."

"NO!" Jason said. Suddenly Bart's shoe popped off and we all fell backwards.

"We told you no boys!" Dick yelled at me. I didn't see him there.

"I invited him before you guys left! It's not my fault."

"I'm just gonna go." I sighed and nodded.

"Bye Bart, text me later." he zoomed off and Jason began yelling.

"Why would you invite a boy over in the first place? Boys stink and are loud, and chew with their mouths open and-"

"Yah yah I know. I live with you guys."

"Hey!" Dick said. I began to fold the blankets and stack them in a neat pile.

"You guys said it not me." a sudden beeping from Jason's phone caused him and Grayson to begin running to the door. "We gotta go! But we'll be back soon!"
"NO BOYS." they yelled in unison. I waved and they were soon gone. I picked up my phone and dialed Bart once more. He didn't pick up this but I left a message. "Hey Bart. Sorry about earlier. I invited you over to talk a little about Blue. if you can call or text me later. See ya soon." I hung up and got dressed into some warmer clothes. It's was fall time and the leaves are now fallings in colorful fashion. I walked outside and into town feeling the leaves crunch beneath my feet. My phone suddenly went off in the boring ringtone. I picked it up and saw it was Bart.

"Hay Bart. Thanks for getting back to me."

"No problemo. I was on a mission earlier. So what about blue?"
"I remember that we talked about the possibility of Blue being killed and Black beetle taking his scarab." he hummed. "So, if that's true, we need to get Blue to safety. That'll be hard though, they already know his identity and can possibly track him down."
"But if could not be true."

"Well, there should be a way to protect him without sending him away or into hiding." I sat down on a park bench watching some kids play on the playground. I zoned out for a minute until I heard Bart say, "You should join Young Justice."
"What!?" I yelled gaining attention from a few people. I rolled my eyes. "You know I couldn't do that."

"Why not? If you're worried about your uncles being overprotective Tim's already there with Dick."
"True, and it is a good idea to protect Blue."

"See. Oh, I gotta go talk to ya soon."

"Yah bye." I hung up and walked to that cute chinese place Bart and I went to. I ordered some food and walked home, no doubt that Jason and Dick were home now.

Timeskip

We were all seated at dinner and it was pretty quiet. Alfred made some delicious tomato soup and grilled cheese. Bruce was going over the news paper and quietly sipping his iced water.

"So," I started. "I was thinking that it might be good for me to join an activity or club." I said after finishing eating. They all humed in response not really paying attention.

"I want to join Young Justice." Jason spewed out his water all over Tim who fell backwards in his chair, all while Dick started to choke on his soup.

"I think that's a good idea. It'll be nice to have two kids from the future on the team." Bruce said not taking his eyes away from the paper. I smiled and cleared my spot on the table. I texted Bart.

Me:

it's a go 

see you tomorrow for training.

Bart:

whooop whooop!!

Alright see you tomorrow.

There you go! Sorry again for taking sooo long. Please comment and vote! Thanks for reading, bye!