Always Together 4

"I love you so much baby. I can't believe that we are going to be parents." Daniel kissed her hand while holding it firmly in his. She rolled her eyes in pleasure as his lips touched her back of the hand. It was a short peck but it affected her.

"I know but this is the reality. I am excited. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's face." She giggled agreeing with him. It would be so much fun. Maybe she should secretly hide a camera somewhere or Daniel could hold it while she delivers the news. Yeah that sounds like something he can do.

"We should call them over tonight at over place. Let's celebrate" He suggested while trying not to look at her and keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"Yeah? But I was hoping we would do something tonight. Just the two of us" She pouted while rubbing her belly. She felt strange that there was a life growing inside of her and to say that she was happy would be an understatement. She cannot believe that she got to find out just today after being pregnant for two months.

"Really?" Daniel asked in a husky voice. He was going to do anything for her at this moment. If she tells him to just pull over at the moment he would do it. But she wouldn't because they are in the middle of the road.

"Hmm. Something with chocolate and blindfold." She whispered seeing his fist tighten around the steering wheel. Even after all these years her voice alone does the trick. He's far too easy for her.

"Baby stop making promises you can't keep." He mumbled while looking ahead. He had to take a right turn and then left one to reach back to their place.

"Are you calling me a liar now? I'm offended." She said folding her arms, forcefully extracting her hand from his.

"Babe remember the last time when you asked me to get a condom and before I could you feel asleep?" He questioned hiding his smile.

"Because I was tired and you were taking too much time." She exclaimed.

"The drawer was just few steps away." He said as he took a right turn and then raised his head towards her to give her a look and just then she saw a car coming towards them. She yelled at him but it was too late as their car was hit and it swevelled few feet away crushing their bodies between the seat and the hood.

She woke up with a gasp and looked around. Daniel was not beside her. As usual. She tried to calm herself. Took few deep breaths. It felt like it happened yesterday even though few months had passed for that incident.

She then turned towards the clock on the nightstand and sighed. It was three am in the morning. She let out a sigh. Nightmares were not new for her. They had been haunting her since that incident but there are few nights when she can sleep peacefully and by the looks of it this definitely wasn't the one.

She wiped the tears formed at the corner of her eyes and laid back on her bed. They were haunting and always reminding her of something precious she lost. Her baby.

Taking a deep breath and counting the numbers she tried to fall asleep. It was a trick her counsellor had told her when she was unable to sleepa and went into episode once. It was rough living like that. But she couldn't do anything much about it.
***

Daniel groaned as his phone rung the vibrations causing the table to vibrate. He swallowed and felt his throat like a sandpaper and shut his mouth.

He opened his eyes and blinked his eyes repeatedly. He covered his eyes with his palm feeling his neck hurting because of the awkward position he was sleeping on. He should have went and slept on the bed instead of thinking that the study table would be okay place.