9. "Are you done screaming like toddlers?"

💙Maxine's P.O.V

The soft sniffles of the bruised girl was the only sound that could be heard aside from my harsh breathing.

We were currently both seated on one of the u-shaped couch in the vip rooms of Rebeus.

Nobody dared to go after me, heck, even motherfucker took a step back when he saw my expression entering the club.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." I began, making sure there was no anger evident on my voice.

The mysterious girl had her face buriedto her knees that was pulled up to her chest.

I inched a little closer at her, my heart crying out seeing how scared she was.

It reminded me of the times when I wa-no, don't even go there Maxine.

"I won't hurt you," I said softly, bringing my hand up to rub her back softly.

She stayed tense but after a few moments, she relaxed under my touch.

"I-i wasn't t-trying to kill t-them," She stuttered, her voice was soft and fear was evident on it.

"I believe you," I firmly replied, continuing rubbing her back.

"Y-you do?" She said, shifting slightly.

"Yes, I believe you." I repeated, making sure it firm and clear.

She kept quiet before finally meeting my eyes. It took me a moment to grasp the fact the her neck was also covered in bruises.

She looked down when she noticed me looking at it. I averted my eyes, cursing myself for being so insensitive.

"Now, can you tell me what happened back there? What do you know?" I asked, offering her a soft smile.

"M-my dad owns a club and he's working with some bad people. H-He would usually have meetings on his office with men armed with guns with the same tattoos. Last week, he got some friends over and I overheard them talking about their plan on sabotaging something and killing people called 'chosen ones'" She started off, her voice stuttering at first but then it became firm and sure.

I nodded my head for her to continue,"H-he makes me clean his office and I was fixing up his desk when I saw a bunch of papers that had a name of a hotel and drawing outline of the building. There was also a list of names and time wether those people would go in and out." She continued, looking up to meet my eyes.

"M-my dad killed my mom a f-few months back and I couldn't do anything to save her. W-when I saw those papers I knew I'd have to save them so o-one hour before my father p-plans occur I-i secretly went to their hotel and warned them. T-they didn't believe me at first, they tied me up and went to put me in their van but when we got there, the driver was dead and suddenly shots rang. I-they untied me and made me drive here." She said, her hands shaking.

I took a hold of it, making her look up. She was scared but I could see her honesty shining through. I felt sad, nobody deserves to go through that pain.

"He did that to you, didn't he?" I said, referring to her bruises.

She nodded, not having the words to say into words. I couldn't help but pull her in a hug, trying to express myself into that simple action.