5. "Have you seen fifty shades of grey?"

"Sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together." -Anonymous

💎Maxine's P.O.V

Asher motherf-cking Beau.

The name that I used to love hearing. The name that used to completely bring a smile to my face. The name that had a huge part of my heart. The name that I used to always say when I cry or run to when I'm sad. It's the name of the person that I'd once call a bestfriend before he disappeared in the face of the earth like f-cking air.

I am currently escorted at Richard's office. After I'd knocked that guy out, Richard gave me a bewildered look before saying to meet him in his office while walking off with the guards carrying him.

I internally smirked as I recall his unconscious face. Good for him, I thought happily.

Richard's Office is really old with its run down walls and dusty carpets. A table that has many stack of paper with two old chairs and a barely standing bookshelf.

So when I sat down at the old chair and hear it squeak at the weight of my body had me alert. The same time the door slammed open resorting to it banging unto the wall with Richard walking in a dramatic effect.

I let out a few coughs as dust exploded everywhere from the force of the door.

"Sorry about that," Richard said, looking embarrassed.

I waved my hand dismissively as I let out a few more coughs,"It's okay," I croaked out, before clearing my throat.

"I really need to renovate,"He frowned, scanning his office.

"Hands down, your office is more shittier than the men's locker room." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm a busy man, I don't have time for renovation and all those color choosing." He protested, glaring at me playfully.

"It's not my fault, look at that bookshelves, holy bazooka, it looks like its going to give up in a second." I pointed out, shaking my head.

He raised his brow, moving closer to the bookshelves and examined it, before turning to me.

"It's not, it looks stronger than you think." He said, before tapping one of the shelves.

Before I could even process what was happening, the bookshelves let out a loud creak before it collapsed into a pile of heap.

Dust, once again, erupted everywhere.

I turned to see his face and let out a loud laugh at his reaction.

He turned around, ignoring what happened,"Anyways, I really need to talk to you now," He said, clearing his throat.

I gave him a flat look,"Aren't we already?" I sassed, rolling my eyes.

"You know what I mean," He deadpan, his eyes rolling slightly.

He went to sit down while I kept my silence, which he took as a sign to continue.

"Why did you punch Asher?" He asked, his eyes staring at me intently.