10. "Help, I'm gonna drown in a garbage can!"

Maxine's P.O.V

The pounding of music that met my ears couldn't compare to the way my heart knocked wildly.

I wiped my clammy hands on my dress. The possible turn of events tonight is a complete mystery and my fingers are crossed really hard that everything would be fine.

"Are you ready queen?" Alex's voice rang on the bluetooth earphone that was discreetly attached to my ear.

"Of course," I answered confidently ignoring the twinge of fear that I felt deep deep deep deep deep down in my bones.

Gut up Maxine, my inner-self said.

I nodded,"Are they positioned?" I asked, eyeing the two bouncers that stood on each side of the door.

"Hurry the fuck up princess, we've been waiting for like an hour now,"
Motherfucker's voice butted in the speaker.

Memories flashed through me at his nickname and I ignored the somersault it did in me and focused on the task.

"I wasn't talking to you," I snapped before fixing my hair one last time and making my way to the entrance.

The bouncers took immediate notice of me, their eyes took focus on the slit of my dress that exposed one of my leg.

I ignored the urge to punch them both for even looking at me in such manner but considering the circumstances, this was needed for the plan to work.

"Name?" Bouncer #1 asked gruffly, his eyes brewing with desire.

"Kenna Glade," I answered, my lips spreading in a flirty smile.

Bouncer #2 typed it into the gadget and I held my breath when it started to load up my fake information and confirmation for entrance.

I let out a silent breath of relief when a green check flashed on the screen.

"You're in," He said, nodding at bouncer #1 who proceeded to open the door.

I gave them a fake smile before making my way inside. Unlike other Bars, You need a reservation to enter 'The Grace Club' wether your one of their vip's or not.

It's been a few days after the meeting and agreeing to join the gang, you could say it has been really hectic.

The security have tightened up at Rebeus and the members from all the districts including the fighters were given a background check to ensure that there was no spy.

The chosen ones were moved to the compound of M1 where the boss lives since it was the best way to ensure their safety.

I was surprised when I found out that M1 had a base and was consist of a big compound where the boss lives along with his most trusted men.

Fred explained that it was about a 30 minute drive from Rebeus because it was located at the woods, completely hidden from prying eyes.

All the important business transaction goes there from all districts, according to Fred and I quote 'its like a mini new york there bustling with all the business transactions done'

The music thudded wildly and my eyes took in the u-shaped booths at the far corner. There was a bar infront of it and small stage with a Dj and dance floor that is packed of drunk people dancing wildly.

There was a set of stairs that led up the second floor and I knew that it was where I was supposed to go.

Olivia's surgery has been succesful and the bullet hadn't hit any vital organs. Two days after she woke up from the medical room, she was given the truth serum and all the information that she told me were infact true.