8. "It's okay to stay neutral."

I UPDATED TWO BOOKS TODAY AND IM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!

What about youu? What did you do today that made u proud?

💙Maxine's P.O.V

Mcdonald's is the usual solution in every problem that comes in your life. Wether you're in a bad mood, heartbroken stage, or finding a usual place to hang out with someone.

What a common choice to pick but I couldn't exactly bring him to the diner that we used to eat at when he doesn't even remember it and besides, too many unwanted memories would just resurface.

The whole drive was full of tense silence, technically it was me being tense since I could feel the burning gaze of his at the side of my face while driving.

I'm sure you've been put in a situation where someone just bluntly stares at you.

"I can pay and order for my own food," I replied, already knowing his motive when he asked me what I wanted to order.

He rolled his eyes,"Don't pull the independent card on me. What do you want?" He repeated, glancing back to look at the menu.

We were both waiting in line with him being infront of me. I could smell his cologne from where I stood and I mentally scolded myself when I unconsciously took a more deeper inhale.

"Fine, you order but I'm paying you." I said, handing him the money after pointing out what I wanted to order.

I chose a booth at the corner where it was secluded. I didn't want to risk someone from school seeing us together.

I patiently waited, scrolling through my instagram. I let out a sigh, slamming my phone unto the table when it didn't do its job.

Distraction.

My head couldn't seem to grasp the fact that motherfucker had a lip ring.

A FUCKING LIP RING.

I'd be a complete liar if I said that it didn't suit him.

The fact that we also have to 'get to know each other' made me feel anxious.

How can I just act that I don't know him? P

The smell of fries wafted my senses. Motherfucker settled the tray softly on the table before he took a seat infront of me.

He ordered 5 chicken sandwhich, one mcfloat, one caramel sundae, and a bff fries.

He handed me two of the chicken sandwhich whilst keeping the three for him. I took the sundae and settled the fries in the middle.

The thought of eating brought a excited smile on my face. I mumbled a thank you before unwrapping the sandwhich and took a huge bite in it.

I seemed to forget that motherfucker was there until I looked up to see him looking at me with an amused smile.

"Yeah yeah, I eat like a pig but you should see the other members of Rubeus eat. They're like hungry wolves," I said, chuckling at the thought of how Alexander tend to eat messily on his food when very hungry.

He cracked a smile,"Trust me, I know all to well." He replied, shaking his head.

My eyes drifted to the glinting metal,"Since when did you have that?" I couldn't stop the question going out of my mouth.

At my words, his finger went up to his lip ring. He fumbled with it in what seem like a habit of his.

"Oh this? I got it when I was eighteen." He answered, a grin settling on his lips.