24: White

Zayn was watching as Harry pushed the heel of his foot into his shoe. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yes. I believe so."

"Do you need anything before we go?"

"I don't think so. But we are only going next door, Zayn. I'll be fine."

"Okay. Let's go then."

Harry came to the front door where Zayn was and they went outside. After he used his key to lock the door, he took Zayn's elbow and let him walk him down the pathway and up the sidewalk.

"I'm so excited." He said.

"You are?"

"Yes. I'm going to be a guest in your home for the first time since you and I met. I haven't been to many other people's houses in my lifetime either. Only Mitchell, Mindy and Liam's. And also your friend Maitea since she invited me. It's just easier to get around a place you're most familiar with, you know."

"Yeah. I know."

"So that means you're going to have to drag me around everywhere with you while I'm here."

"Hmm. So I get to keep my hands on you today and every other time you're here? I fail to see what could be wrong about that."

Harry laughed a little. "Every other time. Is that you inviting me over in the future?"

"Didn't it sound like that?"

"Yes. It sounded like a very clever way of doing so."

"Then that is exactly what I was doing."

They made it up to the door of Zayn's house and went right inside because it was already unlocked.

"I um... I don't have much. But this is home."

"That's okay. You don't have to have much in order to call a place home. My grandmother always said what makes a place home is the special feeling you get when you walk in the door."

The accuracy of that statement impressed Zayn. Harry's grandmother was very wise. He locked the door behind them then faced Harry. "Do you want a snack? I have chocolate covered pretzels and some cold bottles of grape juice."

He lifted his shoulders a little. "Sure."

Zayn led Harry to the living room and over to the couch while he got the treats. Harry sat down and his hand happened to land on one of the pillows next to him. He smiled when he realized it was textured. He would like to think that these pillows were here just for him but he knew better than that. Still, it didn't hurt to pretend they were.

Moments later, Zayn came into the living room with two paper bowls of chocolate covered pretzels and two bottles of grape juice. He sat his down on the coffee table but he handed Harry his.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I was just feeling your pillows. I really love them."

"You do?" He sat down on the couch.

"Yeah. It gives me something to touch."

"Oh. Well thanks. I bought them from the home decor store that you and I went to together. I thought I could be a designer and do something different with my living room. But I'm not a designer."

"Me either, obviously. But I may think about getting a pillow like this just to give my hands something to do."

Zayn's mind immediately thought about Harry's hands unzipping his jeans the other day and a tingly feeling went through his body. He felt guilty that his mind was so dirty in that moment and he shook his head at himself. "I'd be happy to take you there to buy a pillow like this, if you want me to. Or we could order it online like we did when you ordered your comforter."