15: Yellow

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" Harry asked Zayn from the passenger seat of the car.

"Not until we get there."

"But when will we get there? I feel like I've been riding for two days."

Zayn smiled at him. "Okay, that is terrible exaggeration. It's only been five minutes, if that."

"I know. I'm just really impatient and I want to know now."

"Sorry. You will have to wait. It won't be much longer though."

Harry leaned back against the chair and decided that if Zayn wasn't going to tell him, then he might as well wait patiently for them to reach their destination. It wasn't long after that when the car came to a stop and the engine shut off.

"Okay. Time to get out."

"Where are we?"

"You'll know when we get there."

"We're already here, aren't we?"

"Not quite. We're in the parking lot right now. We have to get out and walk to it."

"Oh."

Zayn got out of the car and went around to let Harry out. He took his hand and helped him out of the car, then closed the door behind him. But he noticed that Harry let go of his hand and felt down his arm until he grasped his elbow. Zayn was confused.

"Uhm... You don't want my hand?"

"No." He said. "It's not that I don't want it. Technically, this is the way it's supposed to be done. So that you're always one step ahead of me. It's just that you grabbed my hand on the first day and so... I went with it and I let you do it. But it only happened twice so I didn't think it was important to correct you then."

Zayn turned hot in his face. "Oh. I didn't know that. I wish you had told me earlier. How many other things have I done wrong that you haven't told me about?"

"Um, I can't remember right now."

"Well, if there's something else that you notice I'm doing wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. Because it defeats the purpose of helping you if I'm doing it wrong."

"Sure, Zayn. I'll tell you."

"Thanks." He faced the sidewalk in front of him now. "Come on, let's go then. But watch your step. The curve to the sidewalk is right here in front of you."

Harry was careful about stepping up on the curve and let Zayn guide the way. After walking for a brief moment, he realized they hadn't gone inside a building yet. They were still outside and they were still on the sidewalk. But not too far ahead of him, he could hear children's laughter and people talking. It confused him.

"Alright Harry. This is it. I'm going to help you sit down now."

Zayn helped him sit and when Harry discovered it was a bench, he was able to guess where they were. He smiled. "Zayn."

"Yeah?"

"Are we at the playground?"

He shouldn't have been surprised that Harry guessed it because Harry was smart. But he couldn't help himself. He was always impressed by him. "Yes." He answered happily. "We are."

"Interesting. But why here?"

He felt Zayn sit down next to him. "Because yesterday I went out to eat with Maitea and took Louis along and it made me remember something you said. You told me you wanted to get out more so I figured this would be the perfect way to do that while also helping you to learn the colors. I bet going outside of the house and going places might even be better at helping you remember."