Chapter 11: Cara

Teresa's POV

I ran to find Thomas as soon as I found out that Cara's mother was Dr Ava Paige. Could we still trust her? Maybe not. Her intelligence was suspicious. Was she involved in any of this?

I need to find Tom.

I scoured the room desperate to find him. It was difficult considering everyone was still in a frenzy.

"Aris, have you seen Thomas anywhere?"

"I think I saw him with Brenda a moment ago." He replied hesitantly.

"Oh. Thanks." My heart dropped. Oh well.

I decided not to find Thomas anymore and instead I searched the room for Rachel.

"Rachel", I whispered.

"What?" She hissed. I could sense she was upset over the results.

"I think Cara is not what she seems to be." I whispered.

"What are you saying Teresa? That's a bold accusation!" She said shock prevalent in her voice.

"You don't understand", my voice quivering, "her mom is Ava Paige!"

Rachel gasped. "Does she know?"

"I kind of told her about it but she didn't seem to be as shocked. I think she knew about it before hand." I said my thoughts out loud.

Rachel didn't reply me. Instead she was staring blankly into space and I knew why as soon as I turned my head. Across my shoulder Cara was talking to Sonya.

-

Cara's POV

Ava Paige? The head scientist of WICKED? How can that be? I thought she died! When they took me I thought that was the last time I would ever see her. Something just does not add up.

I watched as Teresa searched the room. I could tell she was looking for someone. Probably Thomas.

I decided to follow her.

Something stopped me. "Cara." From the shadows emerged the head scientist of LIVE EVIL. "So you know about your mother. You did well hiding your feelings." Dr Albert Matthew started. I glared at him.

"Join us Cara."

"What did you do with my mother?"

He gritted his teeth. "Your mother is dead." I shut my eyes. It's alright. It's alright, Cara.

"I would never join you."

"Suit yourself." He then walked away. Then suddenly he paused. "Be careful Cara, don't trust everyone. Sometimes it is those who you trust that bite you in the back. Regardless, we don't need you anyways. We already have someone on the inside."

His last words haunted me. Someone on the inside. What did he mean?

-
A/N

Hey this book will be ending soon! Thank you for reading!!