Chapter 10 : Saved

"Phew!" Aris said. After Thomas explained everything Teresa told him the night before.

"Let's go!" Minho shouted.

*****

"It's gone!"

Aris pointed at the missing words. All that laid there was a wooden plank.

"Wait Teresa told me that if she were to get out, we needed to enter our answer too!" Thomas gestured to the right. "Hurry! Let's go!"

"S...e...c...r...e...t" Minho entered the words.

The ground split opened and showed a pathway.

"Thomas!" Thomas recognised that voice it was Teresa's.

"Woah, no smooching." Minho teased. Thomas and Teresa blushed.

Just then the pathway Thomas and his team came from closed.

"If you ever want to see the light of day, you must step into one of these boxes and answer a riddle. You only get one shot, if not answered correctly, you will be smashed." This organisation sure does like riddles, Thomas thought.

Each of them stepped into a box. Thomas stared blankly at his screen. This is hard, He thought.

Thomas? What is yours?

During what month do people sleep the least...?

Thomas?

Yes?

You're dead...

Thomas closed his eyes. He had no help.

Mine is what can a elephant produce that no other animal can...

You are dead too...

Maybe if he thought this through then he could get his answer.

*****

It's been a day. And Thomas still had no clue. Ding! Someone made it out.

"First one out Cara!" The robotic voice said.

Hmmmm let's take it as everybody sleeps the same amount of time each night.

Oh! It is February. It has the least number of days. Ding!

"Second one out Thomas!"

I spent tons of time searching for riddles. Give you a clue at least one person will die here. Like in the next chapter. Then it will happen. - taylurqueen