Chapter 12 : Realisation

The seven of them sat in a circle. In the middle of them, a fire.

They had not spoken to each other in hours. They were angry, Live Evil still had not sent any note or signal, telling them their friends were alright.

"Newt, Frypan..." Thomas rocked back and forth reciting all the names of the immunes. He wondered if they were alright.

Teresa who was the only one besides Cara who stayed calm. "That darn organisation. If I ever saw them in person I would kill them." She muttered under her breath.

The rest of them just stared into blank space.

It was Brenda who broke the silence. "Sooooo, how did your day go?" This question was mostly directed at Thomas.

Now that Thomas and Teresa was not really in a good situation, she decided now was the time to strike.

Starting a conversation, to her, is the best way to make Thomas like her.

"Shut up Brenda!" Minho said.

Brenda scowled. She hated it when Thomas's friends got in the way of Thomas and her "relationship".

*****

After what seemed like eternity, a message arrived. A hologram appeared. It showed a face. A brunette, who had sapphire blue eyes and wore a lab coat.

"Congartulations. You are our final competitors. When others left and ran away you stayed behind and ran to help your friends. This is an act of selflessness. We think that because of this you all are the strongest immunes there is."

After that the hologram disappeared.

"Wow!" Aris sarcastically said. "They are trying to disguise the fact that they put us here and intend on killing us. By praising us." He laughed without humour.

An awkward silence followed after.

Strong wind blew. A jet plane had arrived. They knew this was meant for them.

They boarded it. "I am scared." Hearing this, Thomas forgot everything that happened before and kissed her forehead.

"I won't let anything ever happen to you."

"Thank you..."

Vroom! They were now off to stage 2.

Thomas silently prayed that his friends were safe. Live Evil was going to get it from him.

This book is going to end soon!It is weird how they eliminated the immunes. Hope you liked reading it! <>_<> - taylurqueen