*End of book 1 Chapter 13 : Time to go

It has been at least four days. Thomas didn't know. All he knew was that every now and then, a tray would come and that would be his meal.

He knew this place. It looked like the place WICKED had put him in years ago. Dark and no light. But something was different. There was a smell.

"How do you like the smell of part of your friends brains Thomas?" A man walked in. "Hmmmm" The man breathed the smell in. "I represent Live Evil. Part of your brain had to be extracted for you to lose your memories. But Teresa's and yours so called memory core. Shifted so we took out the wrong part."

"What have you done to my friends?"

The man smirked. "They are in a safe place." Then he spun around and walked out of the door.

*****

"Ow! Don't hold me so tight, you are strangling me." Someone outside the door said.

"There is someone here." A guard told Thomas.

"Hi Tom. Recognise me?"

"Teresa how are you here?"

Teresa shrugged. "Well I threw tantrums and refused to eat. They had no choice but to let me see you. After all they need us for the experiment right?"

"That's genius!"

"Well I have something to tell you," Teresa whispered. "I overheard one of the guards talking and it turns out stage two will be starting soon. In a few days."

"Your time is up!" The guard announced.

"Take care Tom, and watch your back." Teresa added. Then the guards grabbed her and dragged her away.

Thomas was left staring into darkness.

Thank you for reading the first 13 chapters. The second book will be in here too. And after re-reading the maze runner series. I realised Teresa always called Thomas, "Tom", it is a huge mistake. If I have time I will go back to change it. - taylurqueen