ten.

"Gone? What do you mean by gone?" Jungnam's head shot up when he heard his wife's distressed voice.

"Gone means gone, he's not here, vanished! Someone broke into the house, knocked me out and must've poisoned Haerin because she's not waking up.

His heart began to break as Jinae's cries were the only thing he heard.

"Don't worry, I'll be there soon. Stay there and check if Haerin is breathing, if not, call the ambulance. I will be there as quick as possible, stay safe my love." He hung up before calling two officers to his office. 

"There seemed to be a kidnapper who knocked my wife unconscious and poisoned my daughter. Jinae said that she was cooking when the intruder walked in, though she's not sure how, and knocked her out. It was fifteen minutes before Sehun came out of school, and is unfortunately kidnapped. My wife was tied and thrown into the closet while Haerin was found sleeping in her room." 

Walking over to a whiteboard and wrote down everything from the phone call with his wife, the Head Officer turned to Oh Yeonhwa and Hwang Jangmi, making sure that they took everything down before leaving the office. 

Calling out his men, Jungnam rushed through the station and into the garage where most of the police cars were parked. 

"This is the place. My son was involved in a kidnapping, wife was knocked unconscious and doesn't what happened and my daughter was apparently poisoned since she isn't responding." The black-haired man told the officer sitting next to him before the police sirens rang as they sped out of the station. 

"We need five officers at the Pacific Westside Luxury Penthouse, the suspect must have left some evidence there. If they ask any questions, tell them that the premise is under heavy surveillance and that you will need to talk to every family living there." 

"Yes, Officer." 

Speeding down the street, the said man in his forty's merely avoided slow cars as he entered the familiar street. Taking a look out the window, the car came to a fast stop before he and the others jumped out. Ducking over the police tape, he grabbed his distressed wife in his arms and tried his best to calm her down.

"It's okay Jinae, it's okay--"

"How is this okay? Our son is missing and I don't know what to do!" The woman heavily cried in his arms, "My little boy is gone and I don't know what to do, a-and our daughter isn't waking up . . ." His heart broke as he saw how distressed his wife was.

"We are going to find him, I don't care if we have to go across the world. We will find him." Jungnam kissed his wife's forehead before slipping on a pair of gloves, shoe covers and a mask before walking into his own home.

"What have you guys found out so far?" The Officer asked his nearest comrade, Im Nampil, who was examining a small stack of books.

"Seeing these here, I'm guessing that the suspect disguised themselves as a teacher or something close to that. There are files of your daughter's grades and school reports in here." Jungnam was handed a small file. Opening it, he looked through the different papers about his daughter's progress in school and missing quizzes.

"This person must have done a lot of research to have staged this. Looks like we have a con-man to find." 

Placing the placed the white file on the table, Jungnam took in a deep sigh as he continued walking around the rest of the house. Looking around the untouched areas, his eyes began to water when he noticed that there were signs of struggle in many places. 

"He must've been struggling . . ." He wiped his face before calming himself down. 

"I'm going to check out how the others are doing at the other location." The father of two told the Officers before making his exit. Hoping into his van, he took a deep breath as he attempted to calm himself before driving to the luxury penthouse.