Chapter 13

The final touches for Naeun and Wendy's makeup were done sometime around four, both of them opting for minimal touches as Naeun claimed the sea spray would ruin a thicker application of makeup.

Perhaps the only elaborate thing on both of their appearance were their hair; Naeun having longer locks preferred an elaborate updo, secured on the side with a loose braid running from the left side of her head interwoven into the bunch above her nape, decorative flower and miniature starfish-shaped pins were embedded in her cousin's hair, peach hue accentuating the coral pink of her dress. Wendy's shorter hair on the other hand was piled into a similar updo except that most of her hair was arranged into ringlets secured by pearl studded pins, fringe gathered on the right side of her head while the longer strands dangled in loose coils by her ears, her cerulean blue dress a welcome contrast to her cousin's.

Jinyoung arrived in the villa twenty minutes before the ceremony, dashing in his deep black vest highlighted by intricately woven gold & silver linings, worn over a longsleeved white undershirt, pants following the same color scheme and the whole ensemble completed by well oiled leather shoes. Mark finished preparing himself around the same time as well, once more downstairs, fast enough considering he'd been dozing off some ten minutes ago, his ensemble almost matching Jinyoung's except for the burgundy long sleeved shirt he opted to wear with a cape fastened by golden chain link and three gold & ruby studs. With his clothes alone, Mark radiates power, but along with the look in his eyes Wendy could almost make out the King her cousin makes him out to be.

"You look good," Naeun commented as Jinyoung neared where they waited, giving a sly grin as he extended an arm for her to hold on to, which she in turn took despite the playful lift of her brows.

"Pretty women shouldn't go to weddings alone," Jinyoung answered in explanation, smile widening into one of his most charming ones, corners of his eyes crinkling, something so unexpected even Wendy felt the effect of such a gesture. Naeun, of course, turned into a blushing mess face almost contesting the shade of her dress.

"W-Whatever you say," Naeun muttered suddenly shy as Jinyoung ushered her outside the villa, something that bothered Wendy further it seems as if the said man held even more danger than she initially thought.

"Sweetheart's worried," Mark whispered coyly by Wendy's ear, breath tickling her softly. Well, leave it to her to forget who the bigger danger truly is. Mark held a smirk along his lips as he stared at her, most likely finding amusement with her concern for Naeun who obviously have more knowledge regarding these things than she herself had; but she couldn't help it! Naeun's the last member of her family and she'd seen her cousin in states she'd rather not relive, of course she's bound to be worried.

"Kind of stupid, huh?" Wendy said as she looped her arm over Mark's elbow, surprise registered in his face for a moment before it turned into a smile, then pulling her to him a little so they stood close.

"No, never stupid, just too kind." Mark said as he led them outside the villa, the wedding ceremony would be held near the shores of the island, approximately a meter away as the stylist informed them earlier.

"Isn't that the same thing? Being nice makes people stupid," Wendy said stumbling a little as the heels of her shoes offered too small of support over the fine texture of the sand, good thing Mark was quick to steady her, one arm then hovered by the curve of her waist.

"Kindness in such a cruel world is strength, sweetheart." Mark told her softly.

After some time, Wendy saw the rows of chairs facing what she realized was a makeshift altar, further back is an archway decorated by sheer white cloth and fragrant white lilies with the light from receding sun providing the perfect romantic backdrop. Male and female guests were already settled according to the colors of their dresses, coral pink hues interspersed among the white and blues, mimicking an underwater scene. The groom made his way to the front, dressed in immaculate white suit & pants, and looking every bit as nervous as he could be.