Chapter 7

JACKSON

Two days earlier...

Jackson knew what he and Seulgi were asking was too much, if whatever had happened led Seungwan to be on her knees crying at the sight of them two was of any indication, then he didn't believe they have any right to demand an explanation from her. Still he needed to hear her side of the story, craved to finally know what made Mark leave the one woman he would fight heaven and hell for to stay by her side.

"I guess it all went like this." Wendy started her voice losing all emotion. "Remember the last time we had a misunderstanding? It was when I first learned about Mark being affianced to another girl," Jackson could remember that particular incident, she'd been angry at the two of them, accusing them of not being able to at least warn her about Mark's aunt meddling with their relationship.

"But it was true," it was Seulgi who answered.

"A part of it, but you knew the girl it's hard not to know someone of her caliber, her name's Sana Minatozaki heir to the biggest Japanese enterprise." Jackson felt himself drain of all color, Mark was almost linked to that heiress? How did Aurelia Tuan manage to snag even their company's direct number?

"I don't understand, he was engaged with Irene when he first appeared in the magazines after your break up?" Seulgi asked.

"Well Mark managed to sort things out with Sana and she offered an exclusive business partnership which would only be valid if he would be the one to sign the papers," Wendy answered, pausing slightly to take a sip of her warm tea and regarding them both with ever growing sadness in her eyes. "His aunt was furious when she found out but what can Aurelia really do when Sana herself tore the contract. Anyway, I only knew of this when Sana came to talk to me last year in the launching of Pink & Velvet Co. event in Japan."

"So how did it happen?" it was Jackson who asked this time, still not comprehending the intricacy of this confusing tale.

"Aurelia didn't do well with the fact that Mark had cancelled such an important partnership so she took the matters in her own hands. One day when my parents were away, she invited herself in the Busan mansion and demanded that I break up with Mark."

"How dare that accursed witch!" Seulgi stood up abruptly making the two of them look up at her, she had always been slower on the uptake of information but very much protective when the right idea comes through just as she might've been displaying right now.

Jackson had urged Seulgi to settle down first and then motioned Wendy to continue with her story.

"Shon International had been on the brink of suffering a huge loss as one of our major investors pulled out suddenly so Aurelia claimed she had a right to end whatever is going on between us, as if I dated Mark because Tuan Industries had been loaded,"

True enough Shon International had been a bigger game than what was left of Tuan Industries after the death of Mark's parents but Jackson knew the extent of Mark's wealth was unknown to the public and even to Wendy herself. Tuan Industries might be weak and barely thriving back then but the other side of his wealth never became an underdog, Jackson had first-hand experience of how powerful it really is.

"Wendy..." she regarded him with utter sadness brimming in her eyes before continuing her tale.

"I told her I can't do that so she proceeded to insult me, calling me names, and accusing me of using Mark's wealth."

"You wouldn't-

"Of course, I won't! So I told her about my condition, I told her that I was seven months pregnant and that Mark was the father. We had agreed to keep it secret in the meantime but Aurelia won't stop insulting me, I thought that could drill some sense into her but I maybe I only made it worse because then she started yelling."