7

Luke's POV

For the first time in a long time I felt complete. I felt okay, and I felt love.

That was because of Maddie and no one else. Before her I was sad a lot and not a lot of things brought me happiness but now I have her and I felt good everyday. She was like a light. I loved her, I never thought I would say that but I love her. And lately I've been thinking that she loves me too. She says it but I think that she means it too. She smiles when I talk, she wakes me up every morning with the same smile and I couldn't ask for more from her.
"Maddie?" I called as I walked it the door of our apartment closing it behind me. Maddie was quick to move in but I didn't mind I liked it infact I got to spend every moment of the day with her except when I was at work.

"Lukey!" She yelled as she ran out from the bedroom almost throwing herself on me I smiled kissing her quickly. "How was work?" She asked still in my arms I smiled.

"Great, we started to do some writing done, but I didn't really have any input today." I said she shrugged. "I missed you so much though." I said smiling as I walked her over to our bedroom pushing her down and jumping on top of her. "So much." I said into her neck.

Emma's POV

Calum for some reason haven't said a word to me when he got home from work. He was silent he'd just been on his phone or watching tv. Every time I asked him what was wrong he shrugged or just hummed at me. Now I layed in bed alone tapping my fingers on the dresser besides me thinking as Calum layed asleep next to me. We needed to have a talk because things didn't seem like they were working out well. Every day we founght and I felt like I was drowning. Our relationship was going no where and he wasn't trying to fix it. But we needed to fix this because I needed him. maybe in the morning he'd be okay and talk to me but us as a whole we're going to need more than a nights sleep to get better. But right now as I rolled over and looked at his sleeping face I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I crawled out of bed carefully making sure not to wake Calum and walked out to the living room closing the bedroom door behind me. I layed down on the couch and flicked on the tv. At 3 in the morning of course there was nothing good on. Suddenly the bedroom door swung open I looked up from the TV to see Calum standing in the door way in his usual, just boxers. He blinked slowly.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked, I shrugged, I hoped I didn't wake him but I definitely did. "Is it because of me?" He asked I hesitated for a second wether to admit it or not. I nodded, Calum looked back with dismay as he sighed. "I'm sorry." He said as he slowly started walking over to the couch. My heart started to speed up, I wondered if he was still upset. He sat down next to me and turned to face me. "Why me?"

"More us." I said he nodded.

"What about us?"

"How much we fight." He again nodded. "I almost feel like we're not together sometimes. Like we just live in the same house and sleep in the same bed." I continued Calum looked down at his feet. As soon as I saw his face I regretted saying it. Calum sighed deeper this time. Slowly I felt his hands wrap around me and pull me onto his lap. No emotion was in his voice as he spoke.

"You don't understand how much it hurts me hearing you say that." And he was right I had no idea how he felt at that moment.

"I just want things to go back to how they used to be." I said softly. "Remember when we were still kids." I said trying to light up the mood but even I couldn't help but smile as I thought of it I turned my head Calum was smiling a bit too.

"You know what I think about a lot?"

"What?"

"What if You never asked me to stay longer and you just let me pick up my bag and leave that day." He said I Immediately knew what day he was referring to. "Or what if I never needed help with math, or I had things to do that Friday. Or even if you did. Where would we all be?" I shrugged I had no idea either.

"I don't know."

"What if I never got the courage to go up to your doorstep, and say I love you. What if you had turned me down for Luke?" He continued reminiscing on old memories.

"What if something good was on tv?" I joked Calum laughed and it seemed like it has been a long time since I had last heard it.

"Shut up, that wouldn't have made a difference to me." Calum's head fell back onto the couch. "God would the band even be a thing? All those songs we wrote."

"I wonder." Slowly Calum got up with me in his arms bringing me over to the bedroom placing me down in my spot lightly. Before crawling in bed next to me.

"Let's Get some sleep." I nodded putting my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. Slowly Calum closed his eyes but I couldn't get one question off my mind.

"Are we okay?" I asked slowly. "Do you still love me."

"I love you but I'm not sure where this is going."