26: Storm-Born

.^^ Elder Storm Elemental ^^

— Cassidy —

The Contract that I read aloud quietly was relatively simple: the creature was granted effective immortality so long as one of the members of the family was alive, and the creature granted its protections and power to all the members who were capable of hosting its power; that usually meant anyone whose body has reached puberty, the mid-point of their growth.

I hummed as the same glowing lightning scars sprouted on my skin, moving around the Runes to fit accordingly. My skin paled slowly, from rose-gold to an alabaster not unlike Sandy's, and the blue lightning crackled and pulsed under my skin like my nerves had individually been replaced with a live wire. It wasn't unpleasant or painful, and in fact I became slowly more ecstatic at the replacement of Heat in my body with Lightning.

The Giant's eyes opened suddenly, and he sat up, taking a huge gulp of air. He glanced to the side, seeing the Eye of the Storm that was surrounding us.

After we'd been told what it was, it was easier to classify the infinitely tall column of harsh air as a Hurricane, but it was still impressive.

"The First Eye... the Tempest's Cradle... So this is where Storm Giants go when we die... glorious." He breathed deeply, and then paused, sniffing, and turned towards us. "Ahh... or perhaps not. You have summoned me for the purpose of being your Spirit Guardian? I suppose becoming the Storm Queen, you would want guidance. I accept. Your family is as my own, now, Wife of Mine." He grinned easily.

Dad choked, coughing violently as Ma pounded his back.

Sandy growled, and her form suddenly shifted, and she stood nearly as tall as him, as a towering Avatar of Storm. "YOU, GIANT, WILL STOP PROPOSING TO MY WOMAN, OR I WILL BURY YOU IN THE DEEPEST OF CAVES, NEVER TO SEE THE SKY AGAIN!!!" She roared, standing Eye to Eye with an Elder Storm Giant.

I raised an eyebrow. "Speaking of proposals..."

She flinched, and adorably began to tap her arching lightning fingers together. "Well, I mean, you- I meant,- just that-... Uhm..."

"Enough Lollygagging! Go forth now, and Take your prize!!!" The giant laughed heartily, and clapped her on the back so hard that she was instantly turned back to her own form, launching towards me.

I caught her smoothly, and chuckled when she ended up on her knees in front of me. "Well... What was that again?" I smiled.

She blushed adorably, and Sariel laughed, until Tommy covered his mouth. "I- well, I didn't mean to Presume, I just-... wasn't this your job?" She protested, covering her face.

"Benefit of being a HoneyLove, my dear, either of us can do this part... and all the others." I smirked lewdly as she covered her face again, refusing to answer.

She took a breath, and leaned her forehead against my stomach. "You're so mean... but... but... Uhm!!!" She went to speak, hesitating, and then passed out.

I smiled and kissed her forehead, picking her up as easily as a feather. "So cute." I chuckled.

Her mother laughed loudly, clapping, then cleared her throat. "Oops, Sorry, continue." She smiled guiltily.

"GOOD! Happiness should be SIEZED!!! Now I will stay, and Grant my protection to all those of your Blood!" The Giant laughed, and then stomped over to Adila, kneeling and gazing at the small man. "You are a Dwarf, but you are Kin. Good, Dwarves and Giants have always been good friends. We occupy different planes, you and I, but that is alright. Your Blood is now as Mine." He poked Adila in the chest, (which was adorable, as his finger was nearly bigger,) and the lightning/Rune patterns appeared on his skin, just before Adila grew slowly, gaining almost a foot and a half of height. He was now about 5'6", which was very tall for a Dwarf, though he retained his stocky figure.