15: Kicking The Hive

.^^ the Tower ^^

— Tommy —

My back twinged a little in my sleep, waking me up, and I groaned, stretching out. My eyes creaked open, and I glanced down at my chest, where the two druidling girls were snuggled up against me, with Sandy sleeping up against Cassidy, who was reading her grimoire, and Glade nowhere in sight.

I went to sit up, and Caz shook her head. "He's taking a leak, leave him be. As uncomfortable as it is, he's in hearing range." She said calmly.

I extended my hearing, and chuckled when I heard him whistling, trying to disguise the sound of him tinkling in the river. "Such a dork." I smiled, and sat up slowly, resettling the girls. "How long did I sleep?"

"Eight hours or so. Go ahead and wake them up, they should do their necessaries and be ready in five." She nodded.

I hummed and shook the girls, restraining them before they stabbed me, and then set them to one side. "Wake up, girls, you've got five minutes to be ready or we leave without you." I warned them, and went to find a patch of riverbank for myself, spanking Glade as I passed him.

He yelped, and I yanked him backwards, before he could fall into the river, growling as I lost my own balance. As I hit the water, I reached for a bottle of poison antidote, only to screech in pain as my hand and feet began to be eaten by the acid that the river now contained. Glade pulled me out of the river, and I growled as best I could through the excruciating pain. "Base!"

He frowned, biting his cheek, and took my alchemy bag, conjuring a sack of baking soda, (the only Base he could think of, most likely,) and poured it on my right arm and legs as quickly and thickly as possible.

Caz reached us, and hissed in pain, her closeness giving her an exact copy of my pain. She surprised me by fighting through it, and helping Glade pour the base on my new wounds, then opening her grimoire, and muttering a few words in Draconic.

My arm stopped hurting, which was a terrifying thought, and then my legs, but I relaxed anyway, relieved. "Oh thank god... that hurt so bad... Caz... how did you do that? Walk like that?" I asked tiredly, as waves of bone-deep pain and tiredness washed over me.

She smirked at me. "When I lost my arm and legs? Hurt ten times worse." She boasted, trying to make me laugh, no doubt, then looked at Sandy. "Tell me you have something to at least seal these wounds properly. I'm not expecting a miracle."

I fumbled in my bag with my left hand, as that arm also began to feel weak, like the muscles were atrophying rapidly. "Stupid left hand... work properly... there! Ha!" I pulled out a bottle of Supreme Healing, and poured it on my right bicep, where the wound stopped and bone began.

A strange numbness reached me, seeing my own bones, and then pain arched through me as the bone cracked and fell off, then the stump healed up like Cassidy's had looked like when she came home.

"Huh... that's interesting." She nodded.

"Gather... Bones. Important not to leave them." I grunted, and pulled out another bottle, pouring that on my left leg, repeating the process on both thighs.

Glade nodded. "I'll make sure they're in the vault, but we need to get you somewhere safe until-"

"Shut up, cutie." I slapped his cheek gently, and leveraged myself up on one hand, scooting against the wall. "Oooooowwwwww." I groaned.

"Wimp." Caz grinned, then gathered my bones, placing them into the bag. "How you feeling? Technically you're all healed, by the look of your wounds, but that must've hurt like a bitch. You good?" She asked slowly, checking my eyes.