11: The Broken Road

.^^ Khanic Serpent ^^

— Tommy —

"-and tighten that screw, yes the left bottom, alright... now rotate the cap, and align the chamber." I murmured gently.

I was currently coaching Sariel through the creation of my newest invention, 40mm grenades for my grenade launcher, and his, (a small flare-gun type that fired one 30mm grenade, not a rotary launcher,) and also for the sidearm launchers. Each one contained a thunderstone, not chemical explosives or gunpowder, so it was relatively safe to teach him this, for now.

I'd also taken the time over the past few weeks to create a new rotary launcher, making this one gas-powered, not gunpowder-based. It reduced the range a little, but also made it near-silent, and best of all, no longer any sort of explosive propulsion, which would have ended badly someday, I could feel it.

 It reduced the range a little, but also made it near-silent, and best of all, no longer any sort of explosive propulsion, which would have ended badly someday, I could feel it

Reducing the range to 250-400 feet didn't bother me much, as anything I was likely to grenade was going to be at least that close. Creating the ammunition, while fun, was time-consuming, until I read my grimoire, and got a terrifying idea.

The grimoire held a magical enchantment called 'Magic Magazine', which made a satchel that created bullets for me, and I'd already made one for everyone who had the side-arms. But I read deeper into it, and found it also said 'bullets or uncomplicated ammunition'. The grenades were seemingly simple enough that all I needed to do was combine the ThunderStone and a capsule of Laernean Hydra Gas with the Grenade casing, ahead of time.

Sandy and Cassidy were to one side, discussing who to bring on this mission, (we'd been hunting dragons for about a month at this point, testing the new Druids to see if they were fit for adventuring, and also completing the contract we'd been given by the Queen, while mom and dad dealt with the Behir,) when I shouted loudly. "HA! FUCK YOU, YA HATIN' MOTHAFUCKA'S, I WIN!!!"

Cassidy raised an eyebrow, halting in the middle of a sentence. "You win... What?" She asked warily.

"I can make more grenades with my bag! Anyone with the 'Recipe' and a 'Magazine' can! Try it! Now!" I demanded, rushing over and staring at her bag.

She sighed and reached into her bag, rummaging around, and pulling out a new grenade, shiny and perfect to fit in her sidearm. "Ooh... Alright, you did win, very nice." She nodded.

I snatched her bag, and handed to to Sandy roughly. "You try!"

She hummed, and reached into the bag, producing a silver tube... with nothing it it. "Oh, I don't think that worked..."

I shook my head, handing the bag back to Cassidy. "It worked perfectly!!! No one who doesn't know the exact inner workings can create them, so the invention is safe with us!" I laughed, and pranced away to Sariel, spinning him into a bear hug.