20: Castle In The Sky

.^^ Fort Belmore ^^

— Cassidy —

Before Tommy could respond, Sandy chuckled. "Well... Her spirit bonded to the magical artifacts, so your unique spiritual and genetic bond would allow her to accept your flesh and bone... but it was quite skillful for her to do such a ritual while she was in such pain, I was very impressed."

Tommy sighed. "Why thank you, Sandy, I am very proud of my work. Also, I've learned that they can absorb magical items and retain their abilities. I'm interested with how far I can take that effect... but you are right, having mechanical limbs is not as cool as I originally thought. My nerdy mind thought 'oh cool, I can be Genos!', but my logical and emotional mind have caught up slowly, and it is... difficult to explain." She shook her head.

I nodded. "I understand. Truly, I do. Both as the twin who can feel your emotions and as someone having been in this situation. So forgive me for this." I chopped the back of her neck swiftly, and fought the unconsciousness that threatened to sweep over me.

Sandy hummed. "Well, Hyla, you wanted to be a Healer! This will be rather a interesting surgery. Come, both of you." She slung Tommy over her shoulder, and carried her up into the elevator, with me and the other druidlings and Glade following along.

I laid down on the operating table next to Tommy, and closed my eyes. "I'd rather not be conscious for this, thank you." I said, and Hyla sprinkled some yellow pollen under my nose, making me sneeze, then pass out.

A familiar feeling, waking up with the lack of... more. There was a distinct void, where my limbs were. I sighed, and then paused the the void pulsed, and suddenly a rush of information came through, a sort of catalogue of everything that had happened while I slept.

It was difficult, reliving a surgery I'd specifically asked to be unconscious during, but at the end of it I could feel my hands, and the void was filled with bits of light, like pulsing pathways, down to my fingers and toes.

I clenched my fists slowly, rolling my ankles, and paused when I felt something touch my hand. I opened my eyes slowly, and Sandy smiled down at me. "You're alright? The surgeries went rather well, and very swiftly, so only about 7 days has passed."

"Mm... the city is finished, then?" I hummed.

She chuckled. "Yes, the builders used your... ahem, inspiration, and yes, the city is fully finished. Our neighborhood is more populous now, but none of them are at an angle to see the others, except ours. We've also been moved much higher up the wall, and the apprentices' house and the library and such has all been expanded, about five times as big and built to house many dozens of guests... my Clan and the Queen arrive tonight, to see the city. And our new home, of course, but they can't get into our home. It's permanently linked to my house in the Floating City, as well, which is nice."

I smiled, noticing her ramble, and pulled her down gently into a kiss. "You're adorable when you're nervous." I chuckled.

She laughed. "Alright, Fine... how do you feel? Oh, and we managed to get Tommy's wand back to her, relatively easily."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Yeah, we just asked. Anyway, no more procrastination, can you sit up? Take it slow."

I sat up casually, stretching. The arms looked different, actually covered in skin, to my surprise, but I could feel the metal, slightly cold for now, until my natural body temperature rose, and it balanced out. Ancient Short-Twig Runes, Norse Runes, were drawn along my arms and legs, and I blinked at them. "What are these?"