7: Glass and Fire

.^^ Elder Rashan ^^

— Tommy —

The Estate that Sariel's Family lived in reminded me of a really old Victorian manor, if an old Victorian manor was made of crystalline rose-quartz and obsidian. The columns and large windows were there, as was the square front and gabled roofing, with the tresses properly gilded.

Four stories tall, easily 12,000sq/ft per floor. It was a beautiful home, but it smelled of magic. There was no craftsmanship to this, just someone envisioning something, and snapping their fingers to create it from the sand around us, plus a little metal.

I immediately hated it.

"Welcome to my family's home, Master." Sariel grinned, and flung open the French doors grandly. "I'm Home, Hold the Parades!!!"

Kyrew sighed and flicked his ear, then bowed to a pink-skinned and pink-haired individual that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere. "Elder, Greetings. We've come home."

The androgynous tiefling nodded slowly, the Golden jewelry they had dangling around and between their horns jingling softly. "It is good to have my relatives come visit me... and who is this?" They asked, gazing at me with their wide red sclera.

I stepped forward, and held a hand out. "Tommy Skøll, Lady of the Golden Coast, and Master of Sariel, here. It's nice to meet you, Elder Rashan." I nodded politely.

They hummed, and daintily gripped my hand, shaking once and releasing it. "Indeed... I was made aware that a member of the Skøll's of the Golden Coast was my grandson's mentor... come, let us have some wine. Normally I would offer tea, but it is time for the midday meal, so you may eat with me, if you like." They sighed, and pulled a cane from the folds of their billowing pink robes, clutching it and making their way into a parlor.

Sariel rushed to assist, letting the elderly Tiefling lean on his shoulder as well. They chuckled softly and pet his hair. "Thank you, little one. How go your studies?"

"I can make so many things!!! I made a Bag of Holding, and a ThunderStone, and a Giant Metal Bird that actually flies, and a Flight Stone, -well, that one broke, but no one got hurt!- and even a magic weapon!" He grinned, and pulled out the dagger he'd made, which turned the air around it a sickly green. "It's a present for Gramma, when I see her. She said that Poison was a weapon she found useful, so I made her a magic poison dagger, with Laernean Hydra Poison!!!"

The elder paused, and looked down at the dagger, then hummed. "Impressive... your studies go quickly, then?"

"Oh, no... well, I mean, I can make a lot of stuff, but this is only the 'tip of the iceberg', that's what Master Tommy says..." he sighed.

They laughed softly, tussling his hair. "Oh enough moping, show your grandmother her gift!" They poked a door with their cane, and it swung open, revealing a dining room, with a few people sitting around a large table, Victorian style again.

Sariel rushed off towards one of them, a woman who looked almost exactly like Kyrew, except for her nose, which was a bit more hawkish. "Gramma! I made you something!" He held out the knife with a wide grin.

She raised an eyebrow, and hummed, inspecting it. "Poison Dagger, Hmm? You made this, you say?"

"Yes! Master Tommy supervised, but I did it myself!" He grinned even wider, somehow.

She laughed, and took it gently, her eyes glowing softly. "Indeed... Impressive... I am pleased, grandson, now give me a hug, I haven't seen you in two years!"

He smiled and hugged her tightly, then went around the table, hugging every person there, of which only two were around his age.

I smiled. "He's very happy to be home..."