2: The Lonely Tower

.^^ Red Plate Armor ^^

— Cassidy —

I leaned against the railing of the ship, looking northeast. "You can't see it yet, there's still a month and a half left of the trek." Sandy laughed.

"Scanning for Dragons, actually, thank you very much! I've a brain in my head, I assure you!" I chuckled.

She smiled and leaned against me. "I'm sure you do, lovely... and very nice armor, by the way, I like what the armorer did with the red Dragon Scales." She nodded at my plated armor, which wasn't very heavy, surprisingly.

When he realized I could carry it without slowing myself down, he made me Full-Plate, along with an under-layer of mithril chainmail and Wing-Leather, and then the Cloak, made from the natural hide of the dragon. It was beautiful, even rust-red, and it didn't restrict my movement at all, which I liked. "Beauty and practicality, my favorite things." I agreed.

"Yes, true, and your sister outdid herself with the Forest Dragon's Wing-Leather." She did a little spin, showing off her new black and green clothes. She'd refused the idea of armor, stating her frequent shape-shifting as the reason she couldn't wear any. Robes and coats were her limit.

"She did very good, yes, but then the model helps." I nodded, eying her appreciatively.

She stopped spinning, and blushed, leaning against the rails again. "Well, no need to be spicy about it, we're in public." She muttered.

I smiled and laid an arm over her shoulders, kissing her cheek. "Are we? I hadn't noticed." I chuckled.

She leaned into me with a smile, and looked out over the sea again, far below the rails of the AirShip. "It's nice up here... I wish I could afford to travel this way more often." She chuckled softly.

"Yeah... five gold per person really is a crazy price, but you could afford it, if you wanted. Luckily, you won't have to, soon. My sister has something in the works, and knowing her, it'll shake things up around here, and maybe even for the better, if her luck holds." I knocked on the wooden railing, and she gave me an odd look.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Superstition... I accidentally challenged the universe by saying the equivalent of 'what could go wrong?' So I canceled the Jinx by knocking on wood." I knocked again, just to be sure.

She giggled softly. "You think you Challenge the Universe when you say something Prideful?"

"Yes. The universe loves to knock people down a peg, I'm sure of it." I nodded.

She hummed. "If you say so. And I look forward to your sister's design coming to fruition. She spent most of our time in the Feywilds developing it. Missed out on a lot of the fun, because she was in the DemiPlane of Knowledge, but I'd say it was worth it, from what I saw of her plans. I think her idea of Scale was a bit off, though. What would anyone want a 80ft long AirShip for? Seems terribly small."

I chuckled. "You'd be surprised... either way, let's just relax, Hmm? We have a month and a half of flight ahead of us!" I picked her up, and walked over to the cabin, tossing her down into the bed, and cuddling, staring either out the window or down at her blushing face, buried in my chest.

"I suppose you're right... I usually spend the time working on deck, but I don't know the first thing about working on one of these ships." She sighed, and relaxed, laying next to me and reading a book, a novel of some kind from her homeland.

I nodded and opened the grimoire I'd been given by Tommy, before we left. Reading it was like stepping back into my mother's Forge, and learning to Tinker all over again. The things I thought I knew, I learned; I was like a child that had discovered the use of mud as Paint.