[ 41 ] Behind Closed Doors : * Halloween Special Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Woah, you two look great!" a familiar voice says, so Chanyeol looks around to see where it's coming from. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows at Jongin who's standing in front of him covered in all black.

"What's your costume, Jongin?" Baekhyun asks, inspecting Jongin's clothes and his skin covered with black body paint. Jongin can't be seen at all except when he opens his mouth and eyes, "You're so.... dark."

"I know right," Jongin says, rubbing his chin as he grins. "This is my concept tonight. To become one with the dark. Kyungsoo wants me to dress up like this," he leans closer to whisper while looking around the place, "He doesn't want girls in my department to swoon over me if I dress up as a prince so I just picked this costume."

Chanyeol gives him a once-over, "Is that a costume or your natural color?"

Kyungsoo arrives and kicks Chanyeol's butt. A hiss escapes from the taller, and is about to hit the short Peter Pan when Luhan swats his hand away.

"You look so pretty, Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun chimes, admiring the older's fairy costume and fake wings, "Tinkerbell suits you!"

"Thank you," Luhan says, bouncing on his heels and swaying his wand, "Kyungsoo and I got discounts when we bought our couple costumes."

Kyungsoo fixes the fake leaves on his chest, "Fuck, this is uncomfortable."

"If you are Tinkerbell and Kyungsoo is Peter Pan, then what is Jongin?" Jongdae asks who has just arrived with Minseok. They're both clad in yellow shirts and blue jumpers, dressed up as Minions.

"He's my shadow," Kyungsoo answers flatly.

"I'm Peter Pan's shadow!" Jongin repeats proudly.

Baekhyun, Jongdae and Minseok guffaw. Luhan hysterically laughs. Kyungsoo is silent while Chanyeol doesn't give a shit.

"Hahahaha! Now I get it!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

"But why is Peter Pan's shadow taller than---" Kyungsoo hits Jongdae's head.

"One more talk and I'm gonna end your life."

The music tones down and the emcees of the party come up on stage. The girl is dressed up as the Corpse Bride while her partner is Dracula.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Annual Halloween Party Class of 201*... We'd like to greet everyone a spooky..."

"Chanyeol sunbae," Baekhyun whispers, elbowing Chanyeol as he wanders his eyes around the venue. All he sees are monsters, superheroes and cartoon characters. "Did Sehun arrive yet?"

"How would I know and why would you ask me that?" Chanyeol replies, obviously agitated. He gulps the pumpkin juice on his goblet.

"But he promised me he's gonna attend the party!"

"Your friend is gonna be here. Stay still."

Baekhyun keeps on turning his head in search for Sehun meanwhile Chanyeol is seriously getting annoyed.

"But what if he overslept and forgot it's tonight?"

"Just wait for him to come. Maybe he's just late," Chanyeol replies just for the sake of Baekhyun dropping the topic. "Baekhyun, where the hell are going!?"

"I'm gonna find him!"

Baekhyun stops when Chanyeol suddenly grabs his elbow.

"Just stay here!"