Sleepover Munchies

It was Friday and I'm in my last class for the day now and most probably the worst.

I'm leaning my head on my hand one the table while Mr Redien explain something about angles on the board. I hate Math with a passion.

Why do I have to suck at it. Why can't I just be like the smart people in the class and always have the right answers.

Jason is forever throwing paper balls at me. With nothing written on them. Go figure. So mature.

I've been spending most of my time with Jason we've literally missed out on so much of each other that it's pretty hard to stay away from each other now. I thought it'd be awkward when I get back and see him but surprisingly it's not.

Although sometimes I do get this awfully awkward vibe rolling off of him, can't quite put my finger on it but it definitely is something.
Tonight we're having our movie night that have always been awesome. We always had pillow fights where his scrawny ass always got hurt, but looking at the way his built right now I think I'm goiong to be the one who ends up getting a concussion.

I walk into the Stevens household with my very big bag and and my stash stuffed under my jacket.

" Hello KC Jay is upstairs waiting for you would you please come into the kitchen and get the snacks"  Mrs Stevens yells from the kitchen.

Dammit.

I walking into the kitchen with my stash under my arms under my jacket looking like a penguin.

Mrs Stevens gives me a weird look but smiles and gives me a few bags of chips and some drinks "here you go sweetie don't finish it all up tonight now do you" she says patting my head.

Am I a dog?

"thanks Mrs S"  I saying walking out of the kitchen very awkwardly.

I rush up the stairs careful not to drop anything.

"did you get the stuff" 9 year old Jason asks me who was pacing around his bedroom.

I shut the door standing there for a little while listening if someone is coming up but after a while no one comes. I run up to his bed and throwing my bag on the floor but clutching the smaller bag under my  jacket. I look around his room and then get up and close his curtains but taking a look through his curtain to see if the beast has followed me.

Fortunately not.

I run up to his bed and dump all the candy onto his bed. He runs up to his closet and brings out his box. A little smaller than a shoe box dumping all its contents on the bed.

KitKat's galore!!! Candy galore!!!

We look at each other slamming ourselves onto the bed onto the pile of candy "oh my precious love I will never forsake you again" says Jason rubbing a ton of Kitkat's onto his face.

"I love you so much" I say opening the first KitKat and taking a bite out of it.

This is what happens every month at one of our houses. We save up our candy for a month, not all of it but most of it so we can have our movie marathon with lots of forbidden love.

Neither me or Jason are allowed so much candy in one night or ever. He still has his braces in but neither one of us really care about that.

Tonight we're having a horror movie marathon even though we're not allowed to. We like to think of ourselves as rebels.

"you better not have brought final destination with you" Jason says opening the bad of chips while I set up the movie.

"whats so bad about Final destination its a good one" I say getting into the bed and getting ahold of the remote.

"everything! Mom says I'll get Nightmares of I watching it then die. It's bad for my eyes she says" he said giving me a deadly stare.

" you'll get Nightmares anyway. What's the point of watching a horror movie if you're not going to get Nightmares." I said watching the movie start.

"if I roll around screaming tonight and hit you in the face just know that it's all your fault" he says huffing out.

I picked up the bag of chips I got from Mrs Stevens " yeah yeah I'm totally fine with it less talking more eating. I'll just push you off the bed" I say the last part under my breath.

"what was that"

"nothing, the movie is starting" I say pointing to the screen.

The movie starts " if I get Nightmares tonight and die will you can have my last KitKat at the bottom of my underwear drawer" Jason says looking at me.

That's kinda gross but it makes me smile "of course I will but I'll feed some to your ghost wooooo-"

My little flashback gets cut off my someone thowing a paper ball at me.
His really mature.

"KC!"

"It wasn't me! " I say out loud.

"KC and Trey please stay behind after class" Mr Redien says eyeballing me right when the bell right signaling us to leave hell.

I hear a few snickers but a chuckle from Jason "I was trying to call you with my paper balls you know"

"oh just buzz off" I say.

Can't I just get a break, what did I unintentionally do wrong now?

***

If you like the chapter give the empty star at the bottom some color by tapping it once :)

Comment

Share