Chapter Twenty-Five

Author's Note:

Hello,

Happy Monday everyone. Hoped you all enjoyed your weekend, if you think about its only 2 weeks until Thanksgiving is here.

I know in the book things are going really slow or isn't being explained well or it doesn't make sense. I'm truly sorry for that, I'm doing what I can to make this book more interesting for all of you including myself. To be very honest  I don't really have an idea of where this book is going I just write and type down random things and fix it before the chapter is published or it's the other way around.

Well good news kind of I guess. I finally came up with a cliff hanger for this book. Two actually I hope you guys can figure out what the cliff hanger or two are before you get confused later on.

With tomorrow being Tuesday already, I'm excited to watch the next new episode of The Gifted to get a few ideas from that episode to help me in this book.

If you guys ever want to speak to me on Private Message or on here or on my message board. I'm always on I get up around 5:30am sometimes 6:00am depending on how long I stay up. Otherwise  I'm always on, but I'll either be on my Gifted Account for Role Playing, but I check this account twice an hour if I'm not writing a chapter.

Also, sorry if these Author notes are too long, I figure you guys should know something once an a while if something comes up or if it's explaining about the chapter.

~enjoy~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esme's POV

Word from one of the top members on the Inner Circle group informed us of the Morlocks coming to our HQ to destroy us and our own building. What these morlocks don't know is that we have another HQ underground from the building in the city.

The mission Reeva had planned for Twist, Andy, and Lauren has been hold off to help us with taking down the Morlocks. I know Lauren is against fighting her friends, but she wasn't even part of the Morlocks group in the first place, but she said Blink has been helping the leader of the Morlocks for a while now. No surprise there though Blink really doesn't have a good reputation.

"Esme, let's go Reeva needs us all outside Erg and Clarice are here. Reeva needs up outside now." Phoebe and Sophie explain to me rushing into the room.

Joining everyone outside, a huge group of mutants we're drawing near us. I could tell that Lauren was nervous, but Andy was doing all he could to have Lauren focus on the task at hand. I'm not entirely sure if Reeva told Lauren the true reason why the Morlocks are coming here today.

Erg. The leader of the Morlocks has agreed to join in this war. He's coming here to live on the surface like all mutants do, except some of the Morlocks will still live underground in the sewers to make sure that isn't taken over by humans or the mutant-underground. Clarice aka Blink has been spying for the Morlocks for a while now and Erg told Reeva that she knows about the Morlocks and the Inner Circle teaming up  against the mutant underground and purifiers.

"Welcome Erg. Thank you for coming up to the surface with some of your best mutants from your group. We appreciate your help in our cause and in this war." Reeva smiled shaking hands with Erg.

"I believe it was high time that mutants stopped living in fear of humans and that humans learned that we're won't be taken down without a fight." Erg smiled as he turned to face the rest of us mostly looking at Lauren. "If you don't mind Reeva I would like a word alone with Lauren."

"Of course take all the time you need to speak with her. Andrew, Twist go get ready for some training Sage has set up your training sessions for you already. Girls come with me and we'll show our guest to their rooms."

---------------------------------------------

Lauren's POV

Looking at Erg in the eyes I knew when he wanted to speak to me alone it wasn't going to be good. I mean a guy who has an eye patch on their one eye doesn't really seem so nice, but in this case I know that Erg is a nice guy not just because he's a mutant because he helped me realize I'm a leader and can lead mutants into peace and harmony with and without my family with me.

"I'm giving you the underground I've been living for a long time as your group. The mutants that stayed behind chose to follow you, they of my plans with the Hellfireclub which is pretty simple. Here are directions to the person who will help you lead that group. Good luck and I'll be checking up on you once in a while." Erg explains handing me everything I need to know about the mutants who are helping me.

"Thank you Erg, I promise to live up to your great leadership."

Walking to the location Erg gave. The place was empty completely.

"Seriously no is here."

"Just had to make sure you were friendly." A familiar voice calmly says.

Looking in front of me Wes stood walking out of a door way.

"Wes." Running over to him and I give him a hug.

"Hi Lauren, you ready to meet the others?" Wes asks me.

"I am let's do this."

Wes and I walk into a huge room where there was a group of morlocks and a few people from the Mutantunderground including John, Lorna, Marcos, Naya, Skyler, and Jayda.

"Welcome everyone. Some of you know me, I'm Lauren Strucker and this is Wes. We will be leading this group. There isn't really any rules that are needed, but simply just make sure one person knows where your going just to be safe if something were to happen that you would be notified right away or Visa versa. Training is when you want to train..."

"Actually Lauren we have a song that we wanted to sing for you because are one of the bravest person we know." Wes explains guiding me to a chair in the circle of the group.

"I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are

But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh

Another round of bullets hits my skin
Well, fire away 'cause today, I won't let the shame sink in
We are bursting through the barricades and
Reaching for the sun (we are warriors)
Yeah, that's what we've become (yeah, that's what we've become)

I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh
This is me

and I know that I deserve your love
(Oh-oh-oh-oh) 'cause there's nothing I'm not worthy of
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh)
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
This is brave, this is proof
This is who I'm meant to be, this is me

Look out 'cause here I come (look out 'cause here I come)
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum (marching on, marching, marching on)
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
Gonna drown them out
Oh
This is me"