CHAPTER THREE

Cami knew that he was back to staring at her as she moved around the bar, taking drinks orders, and food to tables. She felt like she was being stalked by a dangerous animal. And it was starting to disturb her that she liked his eyes on her.

That had been until Helena had gone over and she hadn't felt his gaze on her for a while. He had instead chatted to some other woman who'd approached him.

Cami had tried not to let it bother her, she was never one to be jealous of other women. Something that had bugged her high school boyfriend so much he'd cheated on her to prove a point. He'd been a keeper, obviously. But between Cami going to the kitchen and coming back the woman had disappeared and now he was back to staring at Cami.

She guessed he had been warned off her because Helena had come over to Cami and done the same thing. She knew Helena meant well but she didn't appreciate being coddled. She was well aware that the guy at the end of the bar wasn't going to give her anything other than a night of hot sex...

She could even image what it would feel like to be pressed against a wall as he kissed her senseless, her legs wrapped around his waist, the only thing keeping her up was his hard body.

She swallowed and pulled her mind from the gutter.

The place had really quietened down at this point and it was the time of night that Cami enjoyed the most. Less than an hour until closing and she could slow down and breath and not have to serve someone constantly. That meant she could start to clean up and go at a leisurely pace, but it also meant her mind was free to wander. Usually she would fantasize about how comfy her bed would feel when she'd eventually be able to crawl into it. Now she was thinking about a different kind of activity in her bed.

Her gaze slid back to the guy at the end of the bar. She tried to heed Helena's warning that he was a serial flirt and that he just wanted her to itch a scratch, yet still she felt drawn towards him. She shook her head and just chalked it up to horniness.

Her sex drive had been lying dormant for so long she'd forgotten what it felt like to want someone this way. All she needed was to get laid. And this wasn't the guy to pursue for her first time in over a year.

But as she was looking at him she noticed that his drink was empty. For the last hour she had been effectively avoiding him by letting Tessa fill it, but her friend was now in the kitchen helping Helena clean up before closing.

Cami sighed, grabbed the bottle of whiskey, ignored her conscience, and made her way over.

"Top up?" She asked promising herself she would remain cool, calm, and collected.

Be professional Cami.

She was just pouring him a drink. So, what if he was good looking? It didn't mean anything that she had totally imagined the two of them having a night of mind-blowing sex for the last hour.

He looked at her and when their eyes met she felt that shot of adrenaline straight in her groin again. Really cemented the image of their headboard-banging-sheet-clenching sex. This was ridiculous.

But the reality was, if he asked her to hop up on the bar and take off all her clothes she wasn't entirely sure she would decline. He didn't need to know that though.

Although he did smirk at her like he knew what she was thinking. "Sure."

They were both silent as they watched the amber liquid fill the glass. Once it was full she placed the bottle under the bar.

You should walk away, just walk back over and pretend to clean the bar that you've already cleaned once...

But she couldn't. Her feet were glued to the floor and she couldn't tear her eyes away from his. It was disgusting really, even this close up there was nothing that made him automatically unattractive.