CHAPTER THREE

A/N: Sorry for the guys that have been following since Lunar Eclipse and have seen this chapter already! Hopefully I'll be updating the next chapter in the next couple of days <3

Thanks for all the continued support you guys!

*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*

Marissa lost herself in the fast tempoed music of the club as she let her body move to the beat. She looked to Talia and grinned as she watched all the men gawping at her sister.

They hadn't had a night out just the three of them in so long, there had been so much drama lately, with Cami, how Liddy and Mandy had been murdered, plus Gwen going missing, and then the fallout from the Witches Council, it was nice to let loose a little bit.

Although the Vamp was still watching her.

Blake Tuglio had clocked her when she'd walked in, and she'd met his eyes with disgust. Her stone cold bitch face usually kept unwanted interest away, but as usual it wasn't working with him.

Tessa came over from where she'd been talking to the annoying bloodsucker and passed them both a shot.

"Why do you talk to that Vamp?" Maz asked before knocking back the tequila.

"You know his name, and you also know he's an old friend." Tess replied, having already locked eyes with a beautiful latina girl from across the dance floor. "Besides he bought you that shot."

"I don't know how you can call one of them a friend." Marissa pulled a disgusted face, shouting over the pounding music.

Tessa looked away from the girl she was eye-fucking and gave Maz an exhausted look. "Because not all Vamps are the bad guys."

Maz recoiled and gave her sister a disgusted look. "Oh you slept with him didn't you?"

Tess lifted her chin in defence. "And what if I did?"

"Your parents were murdered by his kind!" She shouted, way louder than the music this time.

Talia interjected, looking around at the subtle attention shift from some of the Unders who could hear everything over the pouding music. "Come on you two, there's a lot of interested ears in here right now."

"I'm not the one with an absurd problem with Vamps." Tess muttered.

But Maz still heard. Her anger flipped.

"Fuck you Tess."

She turned and stormed away. Marissa heard Talia say to Tess, "Leave her," as she weaved in and out of the crowd.

She locked eyes with a group of Vamps by the entrance, she recognised them vaguely, and could tell both sides were raring for a fight, so instead she diverted herself to the fire exit, slamming the bar down, and cracking the door on the brick of the alleyway.

She felt her temper pulsing through her veins, her magic vibrating around her, and the temperature around her dropping significantly. Marissa paced up and down the alley trying to calm herself, ignoring the smell coming off the bins.

She heard the footsteps and looked to the opening to see a group of five Vamps, three girls, two boys - the same group she'd seen at the entrance.

"Marissa Deveraux." The blonde at the front drawled, the heels of her thigh high leather boots clicking as she walked towards Marissa. "All alone... in such a private spot," her black eyes looked her up and down, "and with no weapons." She tutted. "What a predicament..."

Marissa changed her stance immediately. Clenching her fists, she felt the sweat beading on her arms and back, and made it drip down to her hands and used it to create spiked ice knuckle dusters. "From where I'm standing it's you guys that are in trouble."