The boy read about the mechanism of making a simple rope dart. He could use these as a tool of escaping faster if he ever gets chased again.

After reading a while he heard a chirp of a bird. He went near the window and saw that the falcon he raised up and trained standing on the windowsill with a bunch of silver rings beside the crow's feet.

"Rags, good loot." The boy greeted the bird while petting it's head.

He placed the rings on the bookshelf while the bird perched on the table beside the couch. The boy pulled out some stale bread and shared it with his companion. While they were eating someone was knocking on the door. The boy peeked on a small hole but it was enough to see who the visitor was. It was a chubby middle aged man dressed in a dirty white dress shirt covered by a murky brown colored vest.

"It's Dalso" The boy sighed and took the wallet he stole earlier and opened the door to be greeted by the said man.

"(Y/N), my boy. Do you have the rent fee?" Dalso asked the boy named (Y/N).

"Yeah, catch." (Y/N) threw the wallet and Dalso caught it and counted the Lien.

"Ah, 500 Lien. These rich pompous pricks always have full wallets." Dalso pocketed the wallet.

"Hey Dalso, can you give me some items and a new set of clothes?" (Y/N) requested while handing Dalso a list of what he needs.

"Sure, from one thief to another." Dalso said while taking the list and looking over it.

"Aren't you too young to be building a rope dart and a compound bow?" Dalso asked as he was familiar with how the parts listed will be used for.

"Have you bumped your head or something? Did you forget where we lived?" (Y/N) asked with a stoic face.

"Right, well I can give you these items by tomorrow evening." Dalso said after he chuckled.

"Is that all you need?" Dalso asked the boy as he pocketed the paper.

"Yeah, that's all. Don't forget about the clothes." (Y/N) said.

"Of course, i'll give you good clothes for sneaking around." Dalso said before he left the boy's house.

After obtaining the parts he needs and the clothes. (Y/N) built the rope dart and a foldable compound bow. He used the scraps to make a small bat as a weapon to knock out enemies. He did some errands for Dalso so he won't pay the rent for 4 months.

During that time he trained himself in using his equipment and his skills at stealth. He stole a book from a dust salesman and studied about dust. He also stole some dusts from some Watchers guarding a mansion he stole from.

Though one heist changed his life.

It was on a peak of midnight. (Y/N) accidentally triggered a trap and a cage dropped on him. This alerted the nearby guards. (Y/N) was struggling to get out. He was in a hallway lit up by torches. He could hear the footsteps closing in. He doesn't want to get caught. He doesn't want to die yet. Then he felt something inside him. He then felt that he phased out of the cage. His body was emitting smoke. He stared at his hands and body, still shocked from what happened.

"Over here!" A guard shouted.

(Y/N) looked behind and saw a group of guards approaching the hallway he is in. He looked up and saw a vent. He used his semblance to hid in the vvents.

The guards arrived and only saw the cage without an intruder. But the cage doesn't look like it was damaged to use for an escape.

"Must've dodge the falling cage. The prick must still be here, Split up!" The head of the guards shouted.