Chapter 7: Baking in a garden on a summer morning

Author: Cudos on who understood the meaning of the chapter title.

(Y/N) POV

I woke up and sat on my bed. I still couldn't believe that I reunited with them. I finally remember them. I thought as I sighed and stood up to take a bath. After taking a bath I wore my usual uniform and head downstairs. I went to the kitchen and was greeted by a letter from Diego.

On paper:
Morning sleepy head! Ariza and I would be having a date around Vale and would probably not come back until tomorrow. As much as we want to help you we want to relax first, I mean that was the reason we went here the first place. Worry not! We found someone who would help you. I'm sure you've met her. Have fun!
-Diego and Ariza

I smiled and opened the fridge. I put out what I need and was gonna start to bake, but then I heard someone knocking on the shop's door. I went there, opened it and was gonna say we're still closed but stopped when I saw Ssummer, my wife. I just stood there, surprise painted on my face.

Summer: Surprise! I'm gonna help you out in baking!
(Y/N): T-this is a surprise. Hehe can you keep up though?
Summer pouts.
Summer: Hmph! Of course I can.
I laugh then kissed my wife's pouting face. She blushed hard.
(Y/N): Well don't just stand there, come in.
Summer nods in happiness.

I toured Summer around the bakery. I then led her to the kitchen and I strictly told her the basic rules in the kitchen.
(Y/N): Got it?
Summer: Yup. Never knew you were strict with rules in the kitchen.
(Y/N): Hehe, only in the kitchen.
Summer: Yeah, I always knew that Ruby got her "moments of seriousness" from you.
(Y/N): Oh? Well what "moments" are those?
Summer: When eating cookies and making weapons.
(Y/N): Hey, the weapons part didn't came from me. That obviously came from you.
We both laughed.
(Y/N): Well let's get started shall we.

We tied our aprons and began making doughs. We managed to finish a first batch and placed it in the oven to bake. Sometimes Summer would make a mistake in making the dough so I help her. Well I position myself behind her and helped her in making the dough. Only a few more and you could say we are hugging. Summer noticed this and lean her back on my chest. I look at her and she looked up. She warmly smiled at me and I just blushed and tried to not look fazed by it.

Summer: Always trying to look tough are we?
(Y/N): W-wha-I'm always tough.
Summer: *giggle* Of course you are. That's why I said yes when you proposed to me.....I really missed you (Y/N). I really do.
(Y/N): Me too.
Summer: Are you sure? You had amnesia-

I cut her off by kissing her, I broke the kiss and made her face me then kiss her again. The kiss lasted since it became intimate. I miss this. We were still kissing each other passionately until....
Summer: (Y/N) is something burning?
(Y/N): Our passionate kiss?
Summer: This is serious (Y/N).
I look up and saw that the first batch I placed in the oven was already burning.
(Y/N): Oh Crap!
I quickly used my semblance and gathered the smoke and shaped it into a ball. I pulled out the first batch and all of it was burned. I then crushed the smoke ball when I saw the burned bread.
(Y/N): Noooooo. *crushes smoke ball*
Summer: Aaaww, don't worry (Y/N) we could make another. We are the baker couple!
(Y/N): Baker couple?
Summer: Yeah! It's a name for us that I thought of.
I laugh.
(Y/N): I just hope Ruby didn't get your naming taste.
Summer: Hey!
Summer playfully punched me and pouted. I chuckle and put the burned bread in the trash can.
(Y/N): Okay! First batch burned but we will recover. Let's do this, baker couple!
I pumped myself and held out my fist in front of Summer. She smiled childishly and fistbumped me.
Summer: Yeah! Baker's couple!
I just rolled my eyes while smiling seeing how Summer reacts from our "couple name".