chapter 33

Emma's POV

When Harry and I get to school the next day Dylan is waiting for us at the gate.

"You look like shit mate," He looks Harry up and down.

"I could always count on you for the truth," Harry replies.

"Look Harry... I heard about your dad being back.. sorry," Dylan mumbles back.

"It's not your fault, so there is nothing to be sorry about," Harry scolds him and walks off, leaving us both behind.

"That bad?" Dylan finally looks at me. I nod and exhale. 

Last night was wonderful. It was like Harry forgot all his worries and there was only us. But this morning it is as if last night had never happened.

Yes he held my hand coming into school but he was quiet and distant, and I can't help but think that maybe it has something to do with me and last night.

Only thinking about the pool is making my cheeks go red and I tilt my head down, so Dylan won't notice.

"Emma! Dylan! Wait up!" Our names are called and we stop and turn.

Louis and Niall are rushing towards us, and I am grateful to have more people join us so I won't need to think about Harry and I.

"Have you seen Sam today?" Niall questions when they stop in front of us.

"No.. I just got here, why?" I frown.

"He looks like shit, his face is all black and blue.. Harry is lucky he won't say it was him," Louis replies.

"Harry's lucky? Sam is lucky we aren't marching up to Emma's dad to tell him all we know," Dylan exclaims.

"Harry will strangle you if you'd do that," Niall snorts.

"Where is Harry anyway? Don't you two come together?" Louis inquires.

"Yeah, he had to go in for something," I answer quickly.

"Is Jennifer here yet? She promised to let me copy her homework," Niall changes the subject.

"Why don't you try doing it yourself for a change?" Dylan raises his brows.

"I always do it myself, but this weekend was crazy, and I didn't get around to it with practice and all, so she said she'll help me out, what's your problem anyway?" Niall frowns down at him.

"Nothing, chill man," Dylan holds up his hands and walks away.

"What is his problem?" Niall asks me and I shrug. I don't think Harry would want me to tell them about his dad being back, and I have a feeling that Harry is cross with Dylan for telling me all he did, since he wanted to be the one to.

They will have to get over it though, we have more pressing matters to deal with.

"Why are you standing outside? It's so chilly," Eleanor and Perrie join us then.

"Oh the most beautiful girl in school is here, life is great again," Louis calls out before placing a kiss on her lips, making her giggle. Niall rolls his eyes.

"I need to go find Zayn, but later today you and El are filling me in on everything that has happen this weekend," Perrie hugs me before rushing off.

"I can't believe you two are back as friends again, it's so weird to see," Louis says quietly.

"Why? It has only been two years," Eleanor shrugs.

We all head into the school, and I wave goodbye as they walk to their classrooms and I make my way to mine. I have the same class as Harry and Perrie, and I am nervous of Harry and his mood.