chapter 13

The boys were closing in and Emma could feel Nick trembling by her side. She reached out and took his hand in hers squeezing tight, promising herself they will be all right.

"So Chief's daughter- ready for some fun?" The tall guy spoke up again clapping his hands.

"Sure she is- look at her, that short skirt and her hair down, looking all pretty," A blond guy replied.

"Yeah, she's a bad arse with that pink in her hair and that eyeliner.." Some other bloke spoke up.

"What about you Grimshaw? You're not into girls though, but you can admire fine beauty right?" The guy moved in front of Emma sending a finger down her cheek making her recoil immediately, her shoulders hitting someone's chest behind her.

Harry's POV.

Emma's shoulders hit my chest making her jump up at the contact. The guy who tried to touch her looked lost for a moment regaining his cool quite fast. I push in front of her standing face to face with the preppy looking bloke.

"Can I help you?" He scoffed.

"Yeah- sure you can- turn around and walk away," I answered in a hard tone. I could see the other boys from the corner of my eye taking a step back.

"Harry Styles- is this your girl? Didn't know you like them hipsters with pink hair," The guy tried reaching behind me to tug on Emma's hair.

It happened so fast, I didn't even notice I had done it. I caught the lad's arm twisting it behind his back as I turned it to a point it almost snapped. He cried out for me to stop, his friends taking another step back.

"Get out of here- I'm not going to tell you twice," I let go of his hand and push him forward. Once I let him go I turn to look at Emma and Nick. Nick was pretty beaten up, his eye already had a darker shade around it and his cheek bone was red.

"Harry," Emma shouts out. I turn just in time to prevent a punch in the face. "You know what I like about dicks like you?" I asked the guy "Nothing!" and then I threw a punch out at the mother fucker knocking him down. I punch him in the gut and see his eyes roll back.

"Leave me alone!" I heared Emma screaming. I turned to see one of the guys had his arm around her waist as she tried to break free of his hold. Nick was being kicked at. For a minute I was lost, not sure who to help first. I jumped at the guy hitting Nick pushing him to the ground and helping Nick to his feet. Then I run and tackle the boy holding Emma. Once I break her free I pull her after me, reaching for Nick, supporting his weight as I led them away. Emma noticed how bad Nick's injuries were, letting go of my hand and shifting to his other side, pulling his arm over her shoulder to help him walk.

We reached my car and I helpped him get in the back.

"We should take him to the hospital!" Emma said. I glance at her face. It was as if she had a mask on, blocking all emotion, leaving her features as stone.

"No- take me home," Nick spoke up "Just drive me home please," He pleaded.

"All right," I said finally getting behind the wheel.

Emma got into the seat next to me, bringing her feet up on the seat and hugging them with her arms. Normally I would tell her off for bringing her shoes up on the seat of my car, but I let it go for now.

I parked the car outside Nick's home, and got out helping him walk to the door. Emma staying as she was.

"You're sure you're fine man?" I asked him when we reach the front door.

"Yeah.. thanks Harry," He tried to smile "And thank Emma too". I watched as he unlocked the door to his house and walked in closing it after him. I turned then, and walked back to the car. I get in and glance at Emma.