chapter 23

Monday morning Harry was waiting in his SUV for Emma to come out of the house, so he could drive them to school. The weather outside was gloomy and cold, and he had the heating on knowing Emma would need it. Yesterday she managed to get him to help her colour the pink strand of hair, which he would never do for anyone else in his life. But for some strange reason, when Emma asked he was more than willing to help, painting the colour on slowly, while she begged him to hurry up, telling him that hair dye should be put on swiftly.

Today they would be spending time at Harry's home, his mum out for the evening.

Emma's POV

I step out letting the door close and lock behind me. Harry's car is already in front of my house. I walk over watching as Harry stretches to open the door, pushing it open for me.

"Hi" I smile pulling off Harry's beanie I use to keep my head warm.

"Come here," He groans, tugging me closer so he can kiss my lips. I kiss him back, a smile appears, still not used to this Harry. I feel his hand run down the strand of hair he helped colour as he inspects it again.

"I did a rather good job," He smirks, proud of himself.

"Yes you did," I peck his cheek as he starts the car towards the school.

I am nervous getting to school, walking in with Harry at my side. I don't care what people think, but I don't like the attention nonetheless.

Also we haven't heard from Niall since I handed over the diary, reminding myself mentally to remember to ask it back.

Harry parks the car at the school's  car park, and puts on his jacket that is thrown over the driver's seat. Then he pulls on a beanie just like the one I habe.

"We match," I pick up the hat to show him.

He takes it out of my hands and pulls it on my head, swiping the strands of hair out of my eyes.

"Perfect," He grins.

We get out of the car, and I sling my bag over my shoulder, Harry reaches out to hold my hand. He entwines his fingers with mine, as we walk hand in hand towards the school gates.

My pace slows as I notice the eyes on us. Harry's grip on my hand tightens as if he knows I am thinking of pulling away.

"Everyone is staring," I whisper to him looking around.

"Let them stare," He mumbles.

"Hi guys!" Jennifer walks over, ignoring our linked hands, as she hugs me and then Harry.

"Let me see the job Harry's done on your lock of hair," She pulls off my beanie.

"Not outside, she was sick, keep that hat on," Harry orders. Jennifer rolls her eyes but obeys. We make our way into the building, running away from the cold.

"Yo Nick!" Harry calls out, spotting Nick at the lockers. We all shift towards him.

We stand talking about Harry being my personal hair dresser when someone taps on my shoulder.

Harry's POV

I watched Niall walk up to us as Nick and Jen made fun of me doing girly things. He walked up to Emma tapping her shoulder. She turned and gave him a half hug asking him how he's doing.

"Ni! I haven't seen you for donkey years! Where have you been?" Jennifer moved around us so she could give him a noisy kiss on the cheek, pressing herself to him in a hug.

"Out and about," He shrugged smiling. He was watching me know, tilting his head slightly, letting me know we need to talk.

"Babe, I'll catch up with you soon," I touched Emma's shoulders before moving along, following Niall.