Chapter-33

Smriti's POV-

I had just started for my house when I got a call from Sanjay sir who told us that our 3 hour break has been cancelled and we need to drag our asses to the headquarters. Now I need to inform at home that I will be late.

If I call, I will hear a long lecture from everyone so let's just drop it. I will not call anyone right now.

I knew that I was going to regret this decision too.

Then I spotted Rajat and Fahim patrolling.

" Listen, we need to report at the headquarters right now. Call Sunaina and Chaitra too, they are in the domestic side." I told Fahim.

They came here within 10 minutes and we took a cab.

The moment we reached, we saw worried faces of Sanjay sir, Manish sir, Mansi and Lakshya.

" What happened?" I questioned Mansi.

" I'll tell what happened." Sanjay sir said and we went into his cabin.

" These people fooled us. They had no intentions of targeting the Airport and Railway Stations. Lakshya had hacked into the security system of Holy Care Hospital where these people have taken refuge as patients. They are planning something nasty. I want all of you to go there and get these 3 people here alive. I repeat, they should not die. They have too much information." Sanjay sir briefed.

" Okay sir but can we at least shoot in their leg if our cover is blown and they try to escape?" Rajat questioned.

" Yes." Manish sir responded.

" Now dismissed." Sanjay sir said.

" Sir, can we go home before going to the hospital to freshen up?" Sunaina asked Sanjay sir, her father.

" No need. I will make someone arrange clothes for all of you. Use the residential area to freshen up." Sanjay sir said.

" Dad, just so you know that we don't live in the houses. How can you expect us to get into any house and take shower there?" Sunaina asked smugly.

" You all go to my quarters. You will meet my wife there." Manish sir said.

" But sir..." I started but was interrupted.

" Ms Sharma, do as I say." He said.

We nodded and went.

As expected, Sir's wife was very generous. Not only she gave us clothes but also a nice breakfast. Until then, we did not realise that we were starving.

Then we came back to the headquarters, biometrically we placed our attendance. 

" All the Best officers." Sanjay sir said.

" Jai Hind Sir." We chorused.

" Jai Hind." Sanjay sir replied back.

We then left for the hospital.

There, after reaching, we inquired about those patients. We also had to make sure that no one gets suspicious of our activities.

One was admitted in the OPD, another one was in the burn center and the third one was in the Critical Care unit. 

" Guys, we need to split up." I said.

" Yes. I will go to the Critical Care unit with Smriti." Rajat said.

" Sunaina and I will go to the burn center." Chaitra informed.

" I will be here, patrolling the area and making sure that no one tries anything nasty." Fahim said and we all nodded.