Chapter-20

Smriti's POV-

" Mr Grey...." I started.

" Christian." He corrected.

" I am here for work. Indian Embassy." I said.

" But I just saw you exiting Weber Enterprises." He said.

" Oh yes, we were here to meet Mr James. He is a known figure to our organisation." I said.

" And why did you hide in the car as soon as you saw me? Also, you were hiding behind your friends near the coffee shop this morning." He stated.

" That..... I was not trying to hide. It's just that in the car, I had to tie my shoe laces and near the coffee shop, my earing got stuck in Mansi's dress so I was trying to get rid of it." I said.

I know that my excuses are sounding very lame right now.

" I'd like to have a word with you in private." He said.

" Christian, now is really not a great time." I said.

He paid no heed to my words and opened the car's door for me.

I looked at Sunaina who nodded at me.

" Fine." I sighed.

" Adam, to the Carbone's." He said as soon as he took his seat beside me.

" Where are we going?" I asked.

" You will see." He said.

Then it was complete silence in the car.

He was working on his phone. My phone went off. It was mumma.

" Yes mumma." I spoke curtly, taking her call.

" Smriti, I am not your colleague or junior so you better not take that tone with me." She said.

" Sorry mumma." I said.

" Why didn't you call me to inform that you have reached safely?" She questioned.

" It was late at night. Didn't wanted to disturb your sleep." I lied, actually I had forgotten.

" You tell me the truth and say that you forgot rather than showing concern for us." Mumma said sternly.

I was embarrassed.

" Okay, sorry." I said.

" Where are you right now?" She asked.

"Now what should I say? Sitting next to your future son-in-Law?" I thought.

" Mumma, I will talk you o later." I said.

" Fine, but if you don't call me, I will call your in laws and inform them that you are in New York for work. Then they will take care of you." She said.

" Mr Grey already knows." I said.

" That's good." She said.

" Not willing to continue this conversation,

" Bye mumma.' I said.

" Bye." She replied and I hung up.

Christian was looking at me.

" What?" I asked.

" How many times do you say sorry to your mom?" He asked.

And I blushed.

" I kind of keep forgetting to call her and inform her about my well being so she gets mad." I said.

He nodded.